|Chapter 23| Her side.

Y/N's POV:

Sans is right. 

From hearing Sans's story of when he goes to Grillby's, I realized that Grillby is much more annoying with me. Sans laughs at my explanation to wondering why Grillby was so over-the-top with me.

His response was a simple one.

"He love's ya Y/N." He manages to speak in between his chuckles.

"What do you mean? He doesn't love me. If anything, we mutually hate each other!" I tried to defend myself, but it did nothing against Sans.

"You sure about that? 'Cause he seems so worked up about ya." Sans confessed, grinning at the events unfolding.

I sighed in defeat. "You absolutely sure he loves me?" I was doubting his words.

"Yep. If he were any different, he would show he's head over heels for you." Sans closed his eyes and leaned back, his hands supporting his head. "Surprised that this didn't happen sooner." His one eye opened, staring at my reaction.

I looked away from his knowing expression.

"He's still in the kitchen right?" I questioned.

"Yep. I'll talk to him, while you listen if he's truly in love with you." Sans then disappeared right before my eyes. I blinked, thinking that there was something obstructing my view, but there wasn't, and he truly teleported away.

After that, I listened in on the conversation between Sans and Grillby. From the looks of it, Grillby seemed to be utterly guilty, when he was the innocent one. Sans provoked him, and I went off on my own accord. I didn't really have a reason to leave, except for the conversation to be potentially overly sappy or cheesy. 

I tended to avoid things like that, since working at the bar is so dramatic when it comes to things similar to a certain potential conversation. I hadn't wanted to get into that business, since I was single, but that led to problems on it's own. People would flirt with me, and of course I would decline, but since they weren't in their right mind, I couldn't escape them. Grillby, on the other hand, would be a co-worker. Well the only co-worker, but he's a co-worker nonetheless. 

I was brought back to reality when I noticed Grillby wiped his face to rid of his tears. His fiery hands pushing up against his glasses as he rubbed them dry, struck something inside me. Sans met eye contact with me, gesturing for me to come to him. Taking two long strides over, I was next to Grillby, with Sans out of sight. Grillby immediately noticed something was off, so he looked up, with his face very sorrowfully. 

"Grillby..." I whispered, having already sat down and was close in proximity with him. I noticed his breath hitched as he realized my appearance.

"Why are you back?" He spoke with the same softness. His words caused me to dig a deeper hole to bury myself in guilt.

"Sans persuaded me that you, need me..." I chose my words carefully, but I grinned when I thought of something to at least lighten the mood. "Unless you... Don't?"

"Nonono! Not at all! I-I just, just didn't have any words to say!" Grillby quickly corrected, and in the midst of that, I realized what I liked about Grillby.

I set a kiss on his cheek as a declaration of my realization.

As I moved away from Grillby's warm cheek, I noted his facial expression. He wasn't responding, and he was slack jawed. His fire reflected his feelings, which were flickering madly, but with this tantalizing look to them. It was one of the first times I wanted to directly touch his flames, to feel it give off heat with the way it looked. I chuckled to myself, and his expression, which seemed to draw Grillby from his dazed expression.

"Think ya struck a match in Grillby, Y/N. With any other person, he's timid, calm, and about as blasè as I am." Sans commented on the sight before him, his smirk evident.

"Did I? It more seemed like a wild fire." I grinned at my play on words, looking over to see Grillby's reactions.

"Yeah. He's so emotional around you." He pointed towards Grillby who was sitting against the cabinet, muttering something. Leaning in, I heard his words.

"Before this, I hadn't realized that I had been. Once again, I had been ignorant of myself." 

"Finally you realize this." I heard Sans speak, causing me to swivel my head back to him.

"Did I mumble that?" I turned my head back towards Grillby, with him rubbing his eyes to clear them of anymore haziness.

"Yep you did Grilbs." Sans gestured to Y/N beside him. "Ya finally realized your feelings of Y/N." His words made my cheeks warm with his usual bluntness.

"I...I did didn't I?" Grillby set his glasses back into place, shifting so he could stand up straight again, with me following his movements.

"Yep." Sans bounced on his heels as he watched the two of us look at each other with uncertainty and hints of awkwardness.

"Y/N, I-" Grillby was speaking again, probably another apology, but I leaned up and kissed his warm lips, causing me to have cut him off. This time, Grillby was kissing back, and also, without any hesitation. This made me smile, causing my smile to goofily end the kiss. 

Only he didn't want to stop.

Grillby leaned back in and met my lips again with his warm ones. It felt like kissing a hot cup of chocolate milk, with his lips driving my feelings for him deep into my heart, and setting them there for the rest of my life. His hands were felt around my waist, and mine were around his fiery neck. Our kiss set off fireworks in my head, ones of excitement, joy, and the thrill of finally kissing someone you loved.

Loved...

I broke off the kiss, confusing Grillby of why I stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, my smile wavering. I instead broke eye contact, and wrapped my arms tighter around him in a hug, tears forming behind my eyes.

"What's wrong Y/N?" He inquired me with concern.

"Nothing. Just the thought of you... loving me..." I looked back up to him, his eyes now shiny with emotion. "It's just so..." He held his breath for my next words, ones that he didn't know the answer of, and was also the same for me.

"abrupt."

He blinked once at me, then I watched his composure sag with guilt. 

"I-I didn't mean it like that! I meant that it was such a fast course of events-" This time, instead of me taking advantage of his embarrassed state, Grillby did, by setting his lips in between my eyes.

"I know... " He set his hands hesitantly onto my head, and to my hair. "Because I feel the same way..."