|Chapter 18| Being grateful.

Wa...u...

Wak....p....

Wake....up....

Wake up..

"Wake up!"

"WAKE UP!!!"

"Wha...?" I mumbled as I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry, and hurting.

"Grillby! You're awake!..." I heard a concerned voice cry from the side of me.

"Y/N?..." I questioned with little strength, and her voice hitched.

"Grillby! You're alive!" I felt hugged by a person, and I felt even more in pain.

"Oww...." I hoarsely spoke.

"Oh sorry sorry! I was just so glad you're alive..." I heard her whisper. "Alphys, Do you mind if you release him?" 

"Y-Yes actually. He just woke up, and I-I don't think h-he can walk yet." I heard Alphys's stuttering refusal.

"Oh... I understand. Do you mind if I, stay here?" From the silence, I could tell that Alphys nodded. She waddled away from listening to her steps. I closed my eyes since they were ineffective without my glasses.

"Grillb-"

"How long was I out?" I interrupted.

"Oh, for, about a couple of hours. Give or take." She spoke cooly, and I could only sigh.

"What happened?" I asked, opening my eyes to see a blurry figure of Y/N with a short-sleeved shirt on.

"Well, I went to go to Grillby's early, and when I got there, I saw the place on fire." She spoke.