chapter 1

I woke up from my bed more tired then usual. oof. I had to actually deal with people at school. I slowly climbed out of bed and trudged downstairs. "good morning!!" my mom said. "hey."

my moms a single mom. our dad left us when I was young. my moms name is camryn manheim. yes the Disney star milo manheim is my older brother. my name is Erin Brianne manheim and I'm 14 years old. ever since people found out my dad left me, they've been bullying me. they found out last year. they always say stuff like "ha loser your dad left you." or "no wonder your dad left you, you're a freak" and other stupid mean things like that. I've gotten so used to them saying things like that it really doesn't affect me anymore. I have one true best friend and her name is Rylee she's been my best friend since I was 5. even when she found out my family was broken, she stood by my side not afraid to tell people off. I love her to death. she still has plenty of friends but I'm her number 1.

"mom can I skip school today?" my mom looked at me. "um no! what are you gonna do today?" I shrugged. "I don't know hang out with mi?" my brother and I hung out a lot. we actually love each other and we've been best friends since our mom became single. we are all a team, and we stick together. "no honey you can't skip today, maybe another time. mi is hanging out with holiday today and you don't want to get in the way of that" I trudged back upstairs. "ugh ok" I went into my bathroom and took a shower, then blow dried my hair and straightened it. I put on black jeans with a black crop top with a jean jacket and black and white low vans. I put on some mascara and went back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I ran downstairs with my backpack and grabbed a granola bar. I went into the garage to find milo getting his longboard. "bye mi I'm leaving for school. love you see you after" milo came over and gave me a hug. "see you later love you" I nodded and grabbed my penny board.  I heard a rumor a new kid from Arizona is coming. btw I live in la cause ya know famous mom and brother.

I get to school with 20 extra minutes. "Erin manheim please report to the principles office" I hear a couple of 'oohs' and my best friend comes up to me "uh oh Erin what'd you do this time??" I laughed "nothing ryles see you in first period" she smiled "Kay bye" I walked to the principles office. oh btw I never told you what I look like. I have super dark brown hair that has natural highlights and in the sun has a red tint to it, not pale but not dark skin tone like in the middle, and I have really dark blue eyes but can still see the blue. people have told me I'm beautiful others have told me I'm a freak. trust me I've heard all of it.

I walk into the principles office "Erin hey! I'd like you to meet asher." my eyes went wide. damn he's cute. i played it cool. I'm really good at doing that and acting. mi has told me I should act and sing but dancings more my thing. "hey asher nice to meet you." he smiles. he's so cute dang "hey Erin nice to meet you too I like your shoes" I look down and Blush. no boy is ever this nice to me. "thanks. you have super pretty eyes!" he blushed. "you too that dark blue color is cool!" I smiled. the principle spoke "well looks like you two are getting along. Erin I'm allowing you to skip your first period to show Asher around but make sure you go to your other classes but if not make sure you have permission. show him everywhere around campus. he has All the same classes as you ask well" I shrugged "okay sure" she smiles. "ok thanks" she turned to Asher "if you have any questions just Ask her!" he nodded and we left.

"soooo Asher why'd you move from Arizona?" he smiled. "my dad got a new job and stuff. i don't know maybe I'll try to get my singing somewhere" I stopped. "what??! you sing AAANNND you're attractive??? damn kid the girls gonna be all over you" he laughed and blushed. "you think I'm attractive??" I laughed. "sure! I mean uh yes? um I'm trying not to sound weird hahahaha" he blushed again. "thanks. I think you are beautiful" I smiled. "hey Asher if you want to become friends and know each other a bit Better I'm down" he smiled. "ok! you wanna hang after school?" i smiled. "totally!" he let out a cute laugh "wanna come to my house?" I asked. he shrugged "sure sounds like fun" I laughed "oh trust me I've got a an interesting house!" he laughed too "oh same!" I thought for a second. "wait Asher how old are you, can you sing something for me, and can I call you ash?" he laughed. "I'm 15, yes you can call me ash as long as I can call you ri, and sure" I smiled. "ok!!" he started to sing and I swear angels flew down from heaven. well his last name is angel. he finished singing a verse from perfect. I swear I wanted to just give him a hug that was amazing. "omg ash!! you're incredible at that!" he blushed. "thank you!" he then had a curious face "can u sing?" I got nervous "well only my family and best friend know this but I play guitar and since a bit" Ashers  eyes wide. "YO SING ME SOMETHING" I laughed. "ok just a little" I sang the chorus to castle on the hill. I did that song best. Ashers eyes were staring deep into mine when I finished. "dude that was amazing. we should do a duet sometime." I smiled. "yea thatd be nice. just don't tell anyone I sing" he laughed "ok! do you have an Instagram?" I nodded "yep it's erinmanheim" he punched it into his phone. my phone vibrated. 'asherangel is now following you' I followed him back. I showed him all around school. after school I waited for him to be done at his locker. he finished and we walked out together laughing and talking. all the girls seemed...envious of me. we were starting to walk back to my house but heard a honk. I turned to see milo in his car "yo Erin get it I can take you home" I give Asher a wanna ride look? he nods and we hop in the car. milo smirks at me and says "Erin! who's the hot boy??" I face palmed. "really mi? anyways he's my new friend Asher angel, just thought maybe he could come over and we could get to know each other better." milo smirked. "yea sure" I rolled my eyes. "ugh whatever just drive." I then heard Asher speak. "um Erin you didn't tell me your brother was milo manheim." I laughed and shrugged. "well you didn't askkkk?" he laughed. milo said then "moms gonna love this boy you better date him." I coughed. "um milo I just met him and also I'm 14" milo shrugged. "well you are turning 15 in 3 weeks so?" I rolled my eyes and Asher laughed. "whatever just drive." mi laughed at me. "ok then princess Erin." I scoffed. "ugh I hate you" he gave me a funny look. "you love meeeee" I laughed. "sure"