chapter 19; finally

Liza's POV;

My eyes are slowly opening and my senses are coming back to realize I'm not where I was before.
I'm in a bed. The sheets feel stale and the air smells like hand sanitizer.
In split second very thing comes to back to my memory and realize I'm here with him. And also realize why I'm here.
I hear someone in the door way and listen in closer,
"Are you in contact with her mother or father?" An unrecognizable voice says.
"No, but when she wakes up she can." This voice is too recognizable. He speaks again,
"What happened, I have no idea."
"Well, looking at her medical records we can assume that those with panic attacks and anxiety are prone to hyperventilation, or breathing in too much oxygen. It's often due to rapid muscle contractions and excess air in the lungs. Hyperventilation contracts blood vessels and causes considerable chest pain. That's why she was in so much pain."
I'm gonna assume that was the doctor, with information I didn't want david to find out.  He speaks again,
"Are you her boyfriend?" I hear david sigh and respond with,
"Uh, no. Just a friend."
Just a friend. Huh.

I squeeze my eyes and open my eyes all the way to see the bright lights and a dark figure in the corner of the room looking at me. I put my hand to my head rubbing the throbbing headache I have.
The dark figure speaks first,

"If I know you well enough, I'm going to tell you not to be upset or embarrassed and you won't listen so.." he pushes off the wall he was leaning on with his foot and walks closer towards the hospital bed.
I chuckle lightly, feeling tired enough to not want to argue about that.
I take a deep breath in and wait to answer, thinking of what to say. Only the heart rate monitor beeping for any kind of sound.
"I'm sorry." I say and look at David.
He raises his eyebrows, inspecting each tube attached to me, waiting for an explanation.
"I'm sorry that didn't listen to you, that I didn't understand you. I'm.. uh confused though." I say again.
David scratches the back of his head and sighs,
"I can imagine why." He replies.
I look down at my hands, and a wave of confidence rushes over me to speak.

"What did I do? I..I mean you so got so mad, a..and I-ugh!"
Why can't I transfer the words to my mouth.

"You'd be insane to think that this is your fault." He starts to speak again,
"Liza, I have no excuse for the way I acted and to be honest don't know why I said that. Ok, not gonna lie I was a little drunk, but besides the point, I've never felt more sorry in my life.
I hurt you.
emotionally and physically.
and I am so, so sorry Liza."

I take a deep breath in and close my eyes.
I hear him scoff and open my eyes quickly, is this a joke to him?
He speaks once again,

"You know what? Screw it.
Liza, I'm crazy about you. Everybody for the past week I've thought about you for every second, and I'm done hiding it. What I said that night, I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

My eyes widen in disbelief.
He feels the same way?
I don't know what to say, I've been silent too long. Say something.

"Uh. I um, I'm having a hard time.. figuring out what I should say." I mumble uneasily. He chuckles softly, then becomes serious.
"Do you feel the same way?" He asks, sitting down in the chair beside the hospital bed, folding his hands in his lap.
Why do I feel he already knows the answer? Well, I have to answer sometime. I sit up in the hospital bed.

"From the start....I just never wanted to tell you, I thought you would never like me. I never thought you would actually acknowledge me, until when we first met. Then I couldn't stop thinking about you." His eyes widen in disbelief this time.

"Acknowledge you? Liza, every guy in the hall acknowledges you."
He says and I blush, putting my head down and mumble,
"Not exactly," I scoff.
He rolls his eyes and gets up from the chair, and comes to the edge of the bed.

"Liza, your absolutely gorgeous." I look up at his invasive brown eyes, coming closer to me. My heart monitor starts to beat faster.

His aroma wraps around me and his cold tingling lips touch mine, and it feels like the weights been lifted of my shoulder. I shudder throughout my body and bring my lips closer to his.

Suddenly it felt like when you see all the birds fly out of the trees in the jungle and all the animals ran away.
All my problems are gone in that one single moment.
He pulls away from the kiss and my eyes open a second later. In the back of my mind I can hear my heart rate monitor beeping faster and faster and flush with embarrassment.

"You have no idea how long I wanted to do that." David says genuinely.

My cheeks are starting to hurt and I realizing my smile is up to ears, I quickly relax and laugh softy, but then the thoughts of david knowing about what's happening with health fill my head. I sink down into the pillows.
"I really didn't want you to find about my, uh.." I say uneasily.
"Liza, no matter what you have or what you can't control about your self, I still want to be with you no matter what." He sits down on the edge of the bed and continues.
"Never in my life have I felt this way, but all I know is that I can't stop thinking about you. Ever."

I sit up and hug david tightly, like I never want to let go, because honestly, I don't.

until I find some motivation for this piece, I will be not writing anymore of it unfortunately. but I will soon !!
love urself <3