Chapter 1: survival

Liza's POV:
The last bell rings and I already know what is about to happen,
The halls fill with students who are eager to get out of this jungle. This jungle is filled with drama that fills the trees and bushes, it's like all these animals crave it. They need it survive. They depend on it. All these groups of animals are different too.

•The peacocks- (or the popular girls) who spread, fix and touch up their beautiful feathers to show dominance and grasp attention from...

•The Pride of Lions- ( the popular guys) when this group of respected, feared and dominant animals pass in the halls,  one thing comes to everyone's mind; damn.
They're so powerful and have an questionable but astonishing wave of control over everyone.

•The Apes ( the athletes ) - they're constantly wrestling and man handling each other down the halls, they're rough and eager, and constantly mistreating;

• The mice ( the nerds, geeks) they scurry through the crowds to there domain, occasionally being picked on and name-called, but focus on grades.

And many, many more groups including goth, glee, cheerleader etc. I go to your small town, cliché, stereo typical high school. Which you have to survive in. - keyword here: survive. To be honest I not really in any of these groups, I dance if that helps?
As I'm daydreaming I hear my name being called and snap out of my theory. I turn around to look who's been trying to get my attention and my face immediately lightens up.

-It's Gabbie, my best friend for more than 10 years.
"Hey Liza!" She exclaims.
" Hey, what's up?" I ask.
" Oh nothing." She extends the o. I can tell she wants something from me, I chuckle.
"Okay cut to the chase, what would you like?" I ask.
"Two things." She responds.
"Shocker there" I say. She playfully hits me on the arm. " Anyways carry on."
"One, would you mind giving me a ride home? My car broke down.." I nod my head and wait for the part where they're is some persuasion needed.

"Two, so there is a party happening this Friday and it's gonna be really fun and I really want you to come and meet people, please be a good friend, Zane is gonna be there and you know I really like him and maybe you can make more friends!" She says this all in one breath and I am immediately overwhelmed with anxiety.
I take a deep breath and say,
"Gabbie, I love you so much but you know parties and drinking aren't my thing..."
She responds as quick as the popular girls will push up there bras when they see they see hot guys walk by.

" But you've never been to a party and this one will be different!" She gives me begging eyes.
I finally surrender and say yes. Gabble knows some of the popular people and hangs out with them. But is mostly friends with two girls, Carly and Erin, I do too. But I only know these popular people when I see them in the halls but and some mutually.
We start walking towards my car and open the door to get in. When we are driving our favourite sappy song comes on, emotions by Mariah Carey. We sing our hearts out and by the time the songs done, we arrive at Gabbies house and she grabs her stuff to get out but stops to tell me something.
"Don't forget about Friday! I'm so excited! I'm coming over a little bit before I pick you up to help you with an outfit! Bye!" She squeaks all that out with one breath again and leaves.

My mind fills up with bad scenarios and drunk teenagers. I shake my head to get rid of these thoughts and turn up the radio. In no time I'm home and I unlock the front door to find my parents with packed bags and sad looks on their faces.

My mom talks first,
"Liza, grandma isn't doing well. We have to go see her. We'll be back in 3 weeks. I'm so sorry. We'll be back for prom and graduation, I promise. I love you so much!" I'm overwhelmed again.
"We'll be back soon, I love you" my dad says.

And just like that they're in a taxi on there way to the airport. I've been alone like this before but with a babysitter when I was younger. Never alone, alone. My heart fills with sadness and I plop on the couch and get started with some homework. As I finish, I feel my eyes getting heavier and I fall asleep.

This was kind of an intro but enjoy! Don't forget to comment so I can improve! ❤️🤙🏼🍉