Chapter 7: refusal

Liza's POV;
We arrive at school, and we're walking towards the building,
Gabbie runs up to me with wide eyes and her mouth open. David is with me and I look at him, he looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. Before Gabbie gets to me Davids friends has already took him away and they all look very surprised. I wonder what drama volcano has erupted this time.

"Liza, oh my goodness! I didn't know you were like that!" She exclaims. I raise my eyebrows in confusion.
"What do you mean? Me giving David a ride?" I say confused.
"No! You slept with David! Right?" She yells back. My mouth drops open. I look over at David he has the same type of expression on his face.

"That's what everyone is saying!" She says again trying to get an answer out of me. My stomach drops and I feel like I'm going to throw up. The bell rings and I jump. We all start walking towards the doors and when I walk in david and I are beside each other.
I look up from my phone and everyone is staring at the group that I'm in. Everyone just staring, talking. I lean over and ask Gabbie,
"Um..Gab? Are..are they staring at me?"
"Yeah Liza, they are." She responds back.
"No..no, I can't have people staring at me, I really can't." I say back.
I start sweating and hyperventilating. I'm not supposed to be like this, Im supposed to be the girl who keeps to her self, the dance girl. David turns to me and says quietly,
"Look, I'm really sorry I should have.." some jerk who's walking by cuts him off and everyone's attention goes towards him. He yells,
"Used protection? Right Dobrik, I hope you didn't get her pregnant. Just like everyone hoped you didn't get the last one and your first pregnant. " I can see David getting angry, I sigh and my eyes start to tear up.
His face becomes red, he turns around and punches him in the face.
Everyone gasps and the guy reaches out to hit him but his friends pull him back and Todd, Scott and the rest of Davids friends hold him back.
They looked like they were struggling because david is strong. Everyone is shocked and doesn't know what to do.
David finally gets away from his friends and nobody knows what he's going to do. He pauses and announces,
"Listen, I did not do anything with Liza. We're doing a project together, c'mon people! I don't like her nor she does me. Right liza?" I hesitate to answer, but I step up and talk,
"He's right nothing happened. We don't have anything going on, just friends!" I say.
We look at each other with approval.
Then we hear the announcements go off, already knowing what is going to happen.
We hear the principal say;
"Could David Dobrik and Kevin Lawley please come to the office, now! " Everyone oohs and gasps, I hear David swear under his breath, he grabs his bag and starts walking to the office, then turns around and gives me a sorry look.
Once they are gone, everyone heads to class silently.
***
It's almost biology class, and I don't know if David is back yet.
Man, I don't know what happened between them but it must have been bad, I mean he punched him! But what's really upsetting me is that he said he doesn't like me, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't like me, so there's no point in liking him. Just friends.

Davids POV;
"Boys, what happened? Your graduating this year!" She exclaimed then sighs.
Then she continues talking,
"You're too old for this! Tell me what happened please." I look at Kevin with a petty look then speak up,
"I hit him." I reply back quickly sounding agitated,
"Well yes, I know that by looking at his eye, but what made you hit him?!" I cough, gesturing for him to talk.
He speaks up this time,
"I was being a jerk." The principal looks relived that we're getting somewhere. He continues,
"I was making fun of him and his past and I went too far." I slouch in my chair. After a while the principal had decided our punishment and we are suspended for 3 days.
I sigh and take the consequences. The bell rings for class, I have biology. Crap, I'm gonna have to explain everything to Liza. I get up and start walking to class.
I know what gonna happen once I get there, there will be stares and whispers like every cliché drama segment.
I get to class and everyone is just sitting down, doing research for their project.

As I walk in and my prediction was right.
I walk to Mr. Mathews and hand him a late slip. By this time now the class is silent. I go over the Liza and sit down. She looks upset.

"Listen I'm really sorry, I should ha.." I cut her off, trying not to sound angry.
"No, Liza. It's not your fault, I shouldn't have stayed. I shouldn't have put you through that. I'm sorry, I really am. She looks at me, tilts her head and smiles. I smirk back.

"So how long?" She asks. I already know what she's talking about.
"3 days." I respond back and sigh.
"Not bad" she says. "Now, you have time to set up a YouTube channel."
She continues. I chuckle and look in her eyes. How come I haven't noticed these gorgeous marble brown eyes that I could stare into forever? 
Oh my goodness, I'm doing it again. David, stop! She's doesn't like you she said! And you did too! I shake it off and get back to work. But she's still stunning.

Hope you liked the chapter! I know that there's not much shipping yet but there will be! Comment and vote! Thanks so much for reading! ❤️💙💚💜💛