Kylo Ren - I've Been Waiting For You

Synopsis: Y/N decides to join the Order two years after Kylo has. The latter already awaits them.

I had never been so nervous in my entire life.
My Jedi robes were fluttering around me as I was led across the hallways of the gigantic ship. It was cold here, but I had always preferred the cold over the heat anyways. Yet I could not stop shivering; not necessarily because of the temperatures, but rather because I was not entirely sure how this was going to go.
I had left the rebel base silently in the dead of night. After a few weeks of secretly talking to the Order, they had dispatched a shuttle for me and picked me up. As far as I was concerned, the Resistance didn't even notice me disappearing - though they had surely discovered it by now.
The Order had sent two Stormtroopers for me, and they were now escorting me across the ship. After minutes of wondering what was going on, I finally managed to ask: "Where are you taking me?"
"To Master Ren's personal quarters", one of them answered. "When he heard of your arrival, he personally requested to be the one to welcome you."
"Did he?", I mumbled to myself. I was a little shocked. He had been my best friend at camp, but when he had left us for the Order, he had completely cut contact with me, made no attempt to send me any message - it was like I'd never existed. It broke my heart. I had not expected him to welcome me personally; I would have been surprised if he recognised me at all. But apparently he did remember me.
Then, finally, after long agonising minutes of walking, they knocked on a door.
"Come in", a metallic voice said, and the Stormtroopers pushed open the door and waved me in.
He looked different. It seemed to me that he had become far more muscly, and the black robes suited him well, they made him appear taller than I remembered him to be. His stance was broader, and more confident, but as I entered the room I sensed the same insecurity he'd always carried.
"You are dismissed", he told the Stormtroopers, and they bowed and left. Then Kylo turned to me.
"Y/N", he said, "welcome. I've been waiting for you."
"You remember me", I said quietly.
"How could I forget you?" His voice sounded distorted from his helmet, but I could have sworn it cracked a little.
"I don't know", I whispered, "you completely cut me off after you left."
"I didn't dare to contact you", he said quietly, "because I knew it would endanger the both of us. But I always felt confident that one day you'd come here."
"Why?"
"Because you always wanted to be great, to make a change, to use your powers to create order in the Galaxy. You were born into a Rebel family, but deep down you always knew that your goals could only be achieved by joining the Order. Just like I did. That's how I knew you'd come here sooner or later."
I bit my lip. "I guess you were right."
He looked at me, and I stared at the clump of metal hiding his face.
"Can you take off your mask?", I asked. "I want to see you."
He reached back and removed it. To my great surprise I saw that there were tears streaming down his cheeks. He said nothing and looked down.
I reached out and gently touched his cheek. He flinched and looked at me, and I wiped away his tears.
"I missed you", he croaked, "and I'm sorry that I left you for two years."
"It's okay. I'm here now."
I stepped towards him and hugged him. For a moment he seemed unsure what to do, but then he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.
"I'm glad you came", he said.
"Me too, Kylo. Me too."