-18

You couldn't believe it. It was really him.

"Why are you here? Now, after all these years?"

Everything was getting so much for you to handle. After everything your mother said about him you really thought he was a bad man that was addicted to all sorts of drugs.

But now that you're seeing him, you could see your mother was only reflecting on herself.

He explained to you that he had been trying to reach out to you for years. But your mother was always in the way to stop it.

He wanted to take you, send you to a nice school and buy you everything you wanted. But your mother wouldn't even let him see you.

He told you that it killed him every single day knowing the conditions you lived in with your mother, especially knowing he couldn't do anything to help you.

But he tried, he really did.

You could genuinely tell that he was telling the truth. He was honestly happy to finally see you and to be with you.

"You've grown into such a beautiful young woman. I'm proud of you Y/N."

He's proud.

That's the first time you've ever heard somebody say they were proud of you.

He also informed you that you would be living with him from now on. You were scared at first, thinking he lived far away. You would be split up from Lucas.

But he lived rather close.

He offered to send you to a nice private school that would help your grades get better, but you wanted to stay at your current school. With Lucas.

Of course you didn't tell him the part of Lucas though.

Lucas had left a while ago to let you and your father get acquainted. He said he would be back soon.

"Also, that boy that was here. Is he your boyfriend? He seems like he's very nice for you."

Your face instantly went red.

"No he's not my boyfriend."

You looked down in embarrassment.

It didn't sound too bad though.

Boyfriend.

That word kept repeating in your mind. Over and over again.