24| God forsaken town.

Cheryl's perspective.
"Toni?" I whispered. "Yeah?" I heard her mumble behind me, her arm starting to slide off of me. "I heard something." I said, "it was like a bang or something." I explained. "Let's go check it out then." She chuckled, getting up and turning on the light. "Ugh, a little Warning please." I groaned, the bright light blinding me momentarily. "Yeah okay." She smiled, opening the door. "You coming?" She looked at me. "Yeah, but I'm scared." I admitted. "Don't be, probably just a raccoon or something." She reassured. "But what if it's Daniel or something?" I worried. "Stay close, don't use any lights." She muttered. "How will we see?" I reasoned. "I can see just fine in the moonlight." She said, turning off the bedroom light. "Alright, well I can't." I said, getting up and walking to the door blindly, the hallway was brighter with moonlight, but still dark. I heard footsteps. "Is that you?" I whispered, very scared. "No, keep quiet and we'll find out who it is." She said, grabbing my hand tightly, there was an anxious undertone in her voice, but she had on a mask of confidence. "Okay." I sighed, we walked downstairs, cautiously, trying to keep to the darkest corners. Toni looked around the corner, and quickly flattened herself against the wall again. "What?" I whispered. "Cherry, call the Sheriff, run upstairs, don't come back down." She whispered, her beautiful hazel eyes going wide. "Why?" I whispered. "Hello?" A stranger called before she could answer. "Go!" She hissed. "Your running away too." I insisted. "No I'm not, he doesn't know you exist." She hissed, pushing me up the stairs. "Little girl?" The stranger called again, I ran upstairs. Stopping when I heard the stranger yell "Got you little bitch!".
Toni's perspective.
He grabbed me violently, not caring where he grabbed, I didn't care thou, all I thought about doing was making sure he didn't go upstairs. "Get off me!" I screamed, pushing him away from the stairs. "Looks like you need to learn a little lesson on respect before I take you to your buyer." He hissed, punching me in the face, the pain practically took over my senses, the punch mixed with the rips in my cheek was overwhelming, but I didn't even flinch, hiding my tears, playing it off. Anything to ensure Cheryl's safety. I punched him back, he stumbled for a second, I wanted to run, but I had to protect Cheryl. "You little bitch!" He yelled, swinging at me. I tried to avoid the hit, he ended up skimming my torn ear. I punched him square in the jaw, before he could react I used my leg to hit behind his knees, making him collapse. "I respect the respect-worthy, that's not you." I said smugly, probably speaking too soon. He grabbed my legs and threw me to the ground, he got up, I tried to get up but he punched me again, I felt dizzy. I couldn't pass out now thou, every part of me wanted to run, let myself pass out maybe, but I couldn't leave Cheryl unguarded. I did the only thing I saw fit and tackled him, rugby style. Punching him aggressively, I heard sirens, the Sheriff. We both stopped fighting, I got the dizzy feeling again, this time overpowering, pushing me into unconsciousness. I fought it off again, punching the guy under me, he switched our positions, punching me. Everything was blurry, I saw the Sheriff walk behind him, I let myself blackout then.
Cheryl's perspective.
I ran downstairs as soon as I heard the sirens and saw the red and blue flashing lights. I saw Toni lying on the floor, unconscious. The guy on top of her being pulled off roughly by the Sheriff. I quickly ran to Toni, despite the police mens' warnings. "Toni!" I shook her. She was breathing, at least. "Cheryl get away!" The Sheriff yelled. I obeyed begrudgingly. "Will she be okay?" I whimpered. "Probably, someone take the girl to the hospital!" The Sheriff called, handcuffing the guy. A police guy threw Toni over his shoulders. I watched him carefully. He sighed. "Come with me girl." He said, offering me a hand. I took it smiling. We rode to the hospital.
Toni's perspective.
I woke up in a clean, white room, and a moderately comfortable mattress under me. I quickly sat up, taking a second to realize I was in the hospital, great. "Toni!" Cheryl said excitedly, getting up from her seat and sitting beside me. "Thank God." I muttered, I was worried for a while that Daniel got her. "Are you okay?" She asked, "dunno." I said plainly. "My left cheek hurts more." I said. "Yeah they had to fix a few popped stitches in that side." She explained. "Oh." I said. "Toni." A doctor came in. "Your awake." She said, giving me a warm smile while Cheryl got up and got to her original seat, the doctor replacing her, sitting beside me. "Yeah." I said. "How are you feeling?" The doctor said in a monotone voice. "Sore." I said plainly. "Well I'll need to test to see how conscious you are but I'm pretty sure you can go home soon." She smiled. "What happened?" She asked. "I got in a fight with a kidnaper whom tried to kidnap me, twice." I answered. "Correct." She said. "Can you stand up?" She asked. I stood up in response, my legs where a bit shaky but other than that I seemed fine. "Can you walk?" The doctor continued. "Yeah." I said, walking to Cheryl and back. "Good." She said. "Well, you seem fine, do you think you're well enough to go home?" The doctor asked. "Yeah." I grumbled. "Do you have someone to keep watch of you?" The doctor asked. "Yeah." I said. "I can." Cheryl said from the corner. The doctor went over the signs of a concussion with us and let us go, getting into Cheryl's car. "I hate this town." Cheryl sighed, starting the engine. "Leave If then." I said plainly, she looked at me. "I guess." She sighed, leaving the parking lot. "I mean, you probably have enough money to, from your dad's will." I concluded. "Yeah, and I guess I'm finished high-school now." She agreed. "Yeah, I guess I have everything I need to go." She smiled. "Well, you can go, I, on the other hand, will have to work double shift at the Whyte Wyrm for ten years and then maybe meet you there." I sighed. "Come with me." She said. "I'd never get a job anywhere else Cheryl, I'm a gang member?" I sighed. "Don't have to, my fathers will money is probably at least 3 mil if I get Jason's half." She smiled. "That's a lot." I remarked. "Come with me Toni, lets get out of this God forsaken town." She proposed. "That sounds nice Cheryl, but I can't just ditch my family." I sighed. "Ever since your fight with Sweetpea have they really been your family?" She mused. "Well Jughead, yes, and the older serpents." I argued. "I don't wanna go alone." She sighed. "Fine, I'll go, but give me at least a week." I sighed. "Well I don't wanna force you." She sighed. "You aren't, Cherry, I could go to hell with you and as long as it's with you, it's would be my choice." I said. "Then we leave next Friday." She smiled.
______________________
To be continued...
A.N.// not really thou, only one short chapter left.