Chapter 2

Percy's POV.

Me and Gianna talked to our Mentor, AlpHie, who won ten years ago. "Can you fight at all?" He asked us like we were hopeless. Sara was asleep.

"I can us a knife. I used them to gut fish and a guy tried to mug me, I stabbed him." Gianna said shyly. I shot her a smile and she returned it. She was 13, I was 17. I don't think she should be in the arena but the gods said fate decrees who goes in the Arena.

Alpheus perked up, suddenly we are not hopeless. He turned to me wanting to here something. "I am good with a sword." I said uneasy. "Good?!" Gianna exclaimed, "I have seen you with a sword, your in the name of the gods amazing!" She oversold me.

I coughed as a signal to stop. She smirked.

Alphine was ecstatic at that, "well in training, Gianna don't go to knifes, Percy don't go to sword. Save that for the game makers. Focus on survival skills, learn something." He commanded, we nodded. "Don't refuse anything your stylist do to you either." We nodded.

"Gianna do you want to ally?" I asked, she smiled and nodded.

"That reminds me, Get as many allies as you can, and at the cornicopia..Run. It's a bloodbath." He shivered. "Let's watch and learn about the other tributes." He suggested. We nodded once more.

He flickered the TV to life. District One - Zeus, I saw a black haired girl run up And volunteer for a twelve year old. Thalia Grace, memorized. THe other male tribute was Zade Collins. District one tributes Memorzied.

District Two - Ares. I saw a girl who looked like a wild dog, ready and eager to kill. Clarisse La Rue. The other boy Mark, allied immediately with her on stage. District two memorized.

District three - Hera. A girl named Hope, small and meager. Young, didn't deserve this. I want to keep her alive. The boy, Pollux looked peaceful but strong. A worthy Ally.

I kept watching with Gianna, making tabs on who I want as allies and who are the greatest threats. One girl caught my eyes, Annabeth Chase. A blonde beauty like no other. She looked dangerous though, no way I go near her. "Gianna, Percy, stay away from Ares spawn and that's Spike kid. As well as the hunters. There dangerous. Who do you think will be good allies?" He said knowingly, like he already knew good allies.

"Pollux and Hope for sure. Katie as well." I said. Alhpine groaned at my choices. Gianna spoke up, "I think Bianca would do well. No careers from 1,2, or 8 though. To dangerous. Piper McLean also looked valuable."

********Time Skip to stylist********

After being prepped, my stylist Barkly Ramboing walked in. "Perseus, as a son of Poseidon you have water powers so in you chariot, we put a build in tank of water for you and Gianna." SHe showed me a black uniform. The shirt was a long sleeve turtleneck that had fish scale carvings. The pants matched, they had blue seeming. I put it on quickly. "You and Gianna will put the water over you outfit and make a crown of Water, you are older and stronger, if Gianna starts faltering, help her." She pleaded. I nodded, "that's genius Barkly." She smiled to me, "thank you Perseus. Go to your chariot." I nodded and left.

I saw Gianna practicing with water, she was a natural. I went and practiced, it was quite easy. The first chariot left with Thalia and Zade. Next Clarisse and Mark in full battle armor. Then Hope and Pollux in angel costumes. Then us, we put the water over us and emerged onto the street, a chorus of ohs and ahs were heard. They kept the camera on us a long time, I waved to the minor gods and goddesses in the adiance and we went to the city circle where the Olympians watched, I saw my father looking impressed. I smiled.

We went back and were congratulated by Aplhie and Barkly as well as Gianna stylist Yum Quan (Male). We went to floor four and slept for the night. This was a good start. Everyone loves us. The boy who walked on water, that's who I'll be.