Chapter 7

We hiked through the night, it was probably 2:00 am-ish. Day three. 10 dead tributes, 16 left. we reached the cornicopia and found Spike on guard. "Knives?" Gianna whispered. Connor nodded. SHe launched a knife and he fell silently. "Supply run?" Katie smirked. I nodded. They were asleep and we grabbed the other 2 backpacks. We started filling them with the knifes and held some swords. We took there food and filled them in our bags. I put 6 knifes on Giannas belt. A cannon sounded, waking the Careers. We sprinted away torwards the mountain.

Suddenly I saw a fire. More like I saw smoke but I knew it came from fire. We started climbing the mountain side torwards to fire. I heard voices, "Piper, you think killing Will was a mistake? He could hunt." A boy said, I knew Piper was the Aphrodite female so it wasn't the other Aphrodite male, he died. I listened again, the girl Piper spoke. "Leo it's fine, he was going to leave us for the Apollo girl Sue and Pollux that son of Hera. We should get higher in the mountain always, I think they are above us." She said. I crawled sideways and found a cavern below them. We are went in. We talked hushed. "Piper is the Aphrodite girl, Leo is the Heaphtus boy. They must have allied with Will, the son of Apollo, and killed him!" Bianca explained.

"Me and Percy's will watch, you guys sleep." She said. The Young's went to sleep and I sat with Katie on the edge of the cavern. I heard her sniffle Andy I put my hand on hers, "it's ok, were alive, what's wrong?" I asked. She wrapped me in a hug and cried. I embraced her back and said comforting things. "What's wrong Katie?" She backed up and wiped her face. "I-I miss my sister Miranda..we were always pushed around and bullied and we had each other to stand up and stop the fighting but now I'm worried that's they are hurting her physically and mentally. I-I-I mean sh-she might have a broken leg or-r maybe a bruised liver or" I pulled her in a hug.

"If your sisters as strong as you, she's fine. She probably kicking them back!" I told her. She smiled at me sadly and dried her tears. "Thanks Percy."

"No problem, I know she's fine. All your family is fine because they know when Katie comes back she's gonna kill anyone who messed with her family right?" I told her. She laughed and enlaced her hand in mine. She cuddled under my arm and we watched the stars. I smiled. This was want I dreamed about because the girl I loved...is Katie Gardener.

We traded post with Conner and Bianca. When I woke up, the sun was out though ignore was still the third day. It was probably midday. "I'm checking on our upstairs neighbors." I said, Katie and Bianca were asleep. Gianna agreed and I climbed. I saw they were up higher and climbed down.

"They moved." I explained - everyone's was awake now. Suddenly it got hot. The mountain started shaking. The rock started crumbling. "EARTHQUAKE!" I shouted. Instead, The higher top of the mountain exploded and rubble clapsed on Connors leg. "Conner!" Gianna yelled. I ran over with Gianna and we lifted it, Connors leg was bloody amd bruised, probably broken and beyond repair. "Leave me!" He begged, "no!" I screamed. He pleaded and pushed us away. The mountain was caving in. A piece hit Bianca's head Andy she's fell to the ground. "Katie, Take Bianca!" I said. Me, Katie, Gianna, and Bianca. We climbed quickly and ran away from the mountain a sword it fell. We were back in the woods. We went deep away from the cornucopia and Bianca cried. Gianna as well. I was almost on the verge but Katie helped me. Bianca and Gianna slept. Me and Katie kissed. It was long and real.

She pinned me on a tree and wrapped her arms around me, her lips tasted like lemon drops and something swirled in me. A feeling I have never known, I loved it. I loved her, she loved me.

"I love you Katie Gardener." I wrapped my arms around her waist, she brought hers around my neck, "I love you Percy Jackson." We kissed once more, not for the Capitol, for us.

A silver parachute arrived, I was confused. We didn't need anything. I opened to package and saw binoculars. "We can spy." Katie gasp. "We can kill."