Ch.5 - YOLO

CHAP 5 

After the 'deep' talk we had, everything was quiet, way too quiet. 

- So? - I broke the silence. 

We both were downstairs now.

- So... - he repeated.

- What are we going to do?

- I really have no idea. I really wanted to meet and hang out with you today, instead of this.

- And you kinda are, in fact - I interrupted him with a smile.

-Yeah, but I didn't mean like this,- he sighed. He truly looked like he wanted to actually have a great time.

After another moment of silence, i jumped ,as the famous lamp lighted on top of my head.

-I have an idea! 

-What kind of idea - he smirked.

- Well, today is the opening of a playground, a big one. Why don't we go there?

- You're smarter than I thought - he said, agreeing to my idea, and patting my head.

I flipped my hair, meaning that 'Yes, i am fab', and we both started laughing hard.

We drove to the center of the town, at the grand opening. There were so many people. Peterborough was never this crowded. Each one of them was screaming and making weird noises, while crossing the car. For a minute, I thought that it was on purpose, but I shook that thought away because it was childish. After we finally found a place to park, we climbed out of the car and headed to the gates.

The place was surrounded by ice creams and popcorn. They were making me hungry. 

I think my stomach growled, because Cameron offered to buy me popcorn. He paid for it, even though I refused.

- Scary train? - Cam suggested.

- No way! No freaking way!

- Aww... too scared to do it ? - he taunted, imitating a chicken to tease me.

- Nope, but I don't like it - I lied - Let's go to the ferris first!

- Too romantic for my liking - he said.

I gave him a punch on his bicep and said,-  Aww someone here is scared of ferris, - as I pointed at him

- Nooo!

- Yes!

As the tables turned, I started teasing him.

- No , I'm not! - he said angrily.

- Prove it!

He grabbed me by my hand and before I could ask him where we were going, he said - two tickets for the ferris - giving the money to the person in charge of the ride. I knew then that i had won.

After we arrived at the place, I saw his face pale. The ride started. While I was enjoying the ride, Cam's hand was literally attached to mine.

- Not very fond of it?

- No I'm perfectly fine! - he said and I let go of his hand.

- No, no, no, no! Lend me your hand! - he said, scared to death.

- Nope! Not until you tell me that you're scared! - I teased him again.

- No I will not!, - his face went even more paler. For a second i pitied him. but just for a second.

- Okay then! - I said, waving my hands in the air.

His reaction was precious.

- Okay! Okay! I'm afraid of heights and ferris ! You happy now? - he screamed on the top of his lungs, making some kids down there laugh.

I grabbed his hand again and tightened it hard, as an evil smile, appeared in my face.

- Yes! Much better ,monsieur.

We both started laughing.

- This is so much fun! - he said after a while.

- Yeah, see! - I said and pointed at the view - It's beautiful!

-I've never seen this part of the town. There's such a beautiful view behind all the smog. I like it more this way - he said and let go of my hand.

He moved it on my shoulders.

- The ride is over! - I hear a man's voice.

We didn't realise that it had stopped.

After some more games, we arrived at my car. I drove fast and we were at my house instantly.

- Quick, aren't ya?

- Yeah. 

After we climbed off, the chitty chats started again.

- I hadn't had the chance to tell you, but you look very beautiful today - he said and chuckled.

I glanced down at what I was wearing and I gasped. I remembered that I didn't change. I was still wearing my white dress. But that wasn't the reason why I gasped. Some leaves were attached on it. I put them away.

- I mean it! Night, love! - his accent thick as he left without letting me to reply.

As I walked through the corridor, a smiled appeared on my face, like a fool. This day was perfect. Was it weird, how one could make your whole mood change ?