FOUR

“Are you okay, (Y/N)?” Etsuko's voiced was laced with worry, easy to hear over all the noise of the café. You pursed your lips together, carefully choosing what to say. You didn't want to worry Etsuko more, she already had enough on her plate with the boy she and Ana were trying to adopt; you woulf be just a bigger burden.

“I. . . Decided to start going to a . . Psychologist, it's really nothing big.” You said, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. Despite your "chill-ness," Etsuko's eyes widened slightly.

"Really? I thought you said psychologists were for the 'loonies,' your words, not mine. I'm glad though," the brown eyed girl took a sip of her coffee. "I want you to get better, you deserve some happiness in your life," she gave you a reassuring smile. Etsuko was almost twice your age (you are twenty-one, and she's forty-one), and has filled the mother role for the three year you had known her. You found her very comforting, so you wondered why you had been so worried to tell her that you were going to see a psychologist.

"Thanks, Etsuko. I'll tell you how it goes."

"You better."

That converstation happened thirty minutes ago, and now you were in your car, in the parking lot, four minutes late to the appointment. Five minutes. . .

Five.

That was enough, you thought. You grabbed your purse as you got off the car, heading into the tall skycraper. Inside, everything looked light and clean, giving you a feeling of healthiness, even though you knew that, physically you were healthy, but mentally and emotionally, you weren't. How pathetic.

The secretary was a few few feet from the entrance, sitting behind a metallic desk.

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N), the two o' clock for Dr. Tsuji Rosanjin."

"Seventh floor," She said not looking up from whatever she was typing on the sleek computer. You headed off to the elevator, not wanting to be anymore late. Before the elevator shut, a hand stopped it.

"Got room for one more person?"

It was a man, who seemed to be about the same age as you. A grin was plastered on his face, his pearly whites almost blinding you. You nodded meekly.

"That's great! Where you headed off to? I work on the top floor, in the restuarant," He said, his blue eyes looking at you eagerly. Oh, he worked on the twelfth floor.

"I'm going to the seventh floor." Wasn't this elevator trip going on for a little too long?

"Oh, you're here. Well, if you ever visit the restuarant, ask for Aoki Rinji, and I'll give you a special discount for being such a pretty lady."

You quickly left, not being able to handle him for another second.

What a strange boy.

NOT EDITED
20180330