Chapter 4: Investigation Begins

*Y/n POV*

I was sitting in the top floor of the safe house, flipping through TV channels while sitting in a reclining chair.

Suddenly, my team burst through the elevator, so without getting out of the chair, I said, "Welcome to your first day as FBI agents."

I heard Akari talk, "Is this all we do?"

"Yeah, shouldn't we be looking for clues?" Aria asked.

I turned off the TV and got out of my chair, turning to them, "Well, for your information, I was waiting for Jack to make his next move."

"Next move?" Kinji asked.

"Yep," I said, pressing a few buttons on the remote. A segment of the wall rolled up and revealed a screen behind it, "He always leaves clues where he kills."

The screen lit up and showed pictures of Jacks previous murders, as well as the information from the victims and wounds.

"You see, he themes himself after the previous Jack the Ripper." I said.

Riko looked at me, "What does that mean?"

"He tears their insides out."

They were all disgusted, before Kinji spoke again, "So exactly like we saw in the alley?" 

I turned to them, "Yep, most of his murders look like that. He calls them his 'scenes'."

"How do you know he calls them scenes?" Akari asked.

"Let me explain," I said, "I have been on this case for two years. I have had fights with Jack on more than eighteen different occasions. He sees me as his personal rival, and is always taunting me."

I walked over to a safe that was impeded in the wall. Inputting a code, the safe popped open. I pulled out a large Manila folder, and laid it on the table.

"These are letters he wrote to me back in San Diego," I said, "He was copying the style of the original."

Aria looked over the letters, "I've read the original letters, this guy must see the original as a sort of...role model."

"Or an ancestor." I said, "Just like you are related to Sherlock Holmes, he has revealed that he is the descendant of the original."

"Really?" Shirayuki asked.

"Yes, these murders are a way for him to honor the original, even a hundred years after his spree."

After that, we began pouring over evidence. I showed them everything the FBI was able to get over the years of our investigation and they began to come up with some interesting theories.

One really caught my attention.

"What if Jack the Ripper has an inside agent?" Kinji asked.

I was surprised, but I didn't show it, "If he did, and that agent was a member of my former team, he's dead. That theory's out."

[Timeskip]

It was nearly midnight when they all left. I was standing by the door watching them leave one by one and Aria was the last to leave.

"Hey, Y/n," She said, "Thank you, for letting us help you."

I looked her in the eyes and said, "I should be thanking you, after all, I can't catch this bastard on my own."

"Yeah," She said, "After we've caught Jack the Ripper, I need you to help me with something."

"Whatever it is, name it, and you'll have the FBI right behind you."

"I need your help getting my mother out of jail."

I raised an eyebrow at her, "Jail?"

She looked depressed, "Yes, she was framed for I-U's crimes and was put in jail."

I put a hand on her shoulder, "I'll help you whenever you need it. Just call."

With that, she left.

*Aria POV*

As I left the mission center, I put my hand on my beating heart.

'What am I feeling? Am I...in love with Y/n?'

*Y/n POV*

'Mother's in jail, huh' I thought, 'She could be useful for blackmail, I'll have to keep my eyes open.'

'The game's afoot, Holmes. Can you dance with The Ripper?'