BURDEN OR MYSTERY?

KHUSHI's POV

Checking twice the whole of the washroom, toiletries, cabinets, robe and what not, he finally permitted me to go inside for my morning routine, without locking the door.

Ugh!
God, why does he do it every single day?

And then, till the time, I don't come out, he would keep pacing here and there in the room and knock the door after every 5 minutes to check whether I am fine or not.

What am I?
A kinder garden kid?

Ohh, yes!
I am no less than them considering the fact that I get into an accident in a row.

Sometimes, I feel pathetic of myself for living a life like this. I feel caged not by him but myself. I often feel someone battling inside me.

How beautiful those 6 months were after our marriage.

He would behave like a typical Romeo showering me with his expensive gifts, love-making and immense care and love.

We had a run-away wedding considering the fact that my cousin Sheetal was head over heels over her cousin's childhood sweetheart, resulting to her parents beating me like a slave and then locking me inside a dark room ready to get me married to any freaking guy they find on the road.

I still remember how he had come to the small window of the dark room that night I was red with scars and then injuring himself, he had broken that almost sealed window and took me with him away from those evil people.

My life began to breathe, without delay, as soon as my wounds healed, his parents got us married and we shifted to Manali.

Manali, I had told him once that I would love to settle here with my husband and he fulfilled it.

His parents visit us often but lately they too have not made it here.

I wonder, why?

Arnav's family and my uncle's family were neighbours. When m-my parents were alive, I used to come with them and spend my vacations playing with Arnav and Sheetal.

A fatal accident took away my parents and my very loving, always showering me with gifts, uncle's family was forced to adopt me considering they were my only relatives and they had to anyhow look after me to grab my parents property.

I-I had thought that that the miseries ended after my marriage but no, it doesn't.

The accidents of mine are so sucking my life. Instead of being a good wife, cooking food for him, preparing the dresses for him, looking after every household thing, its him who does that.

I am not his wife, I am his burden but still I don't want him to go away from me. I have no one except him. He is the only hold with which my life keeps going.

Wish, I knew the reasons of my accident, wish I could be a WIFE.

Khushiiiii. His freaked out voice came rather harshly.

Ohh! What is he doing inside?

Jesus!

I am naked, for heaven's sake.

What are you doing, where are you lost, I am calling you from a minute, why didn't you reply dammit?

He scolded, asked, showed his fear, all in one by holding my bare shoulders and jerking my naked form towards me.

Arnav, I-I am fine, I was just lo-lost in past.

I assured him and he relaxed but the pain surfaced his face.

Am I not keeping you happy enough that you keep thinking about past?

He asked making my eyes wide. How could he think like that?

Not caring about my naked form, I hugged my husband, the feeling was magical, I hugged him after, ohh! I even don't remember that.

I wanted to say some soothing words to him but Why do I feel,  he is feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden?

Khushi, I-I, just finish your shower and come out, I am waiting outside.

He said suddenly and without giving a look to me went outside.

He left, he left, just like that?

He must have realised that I am naked and that's it, thats why he left.

Do I disgust him that much that he can't even touch me?

Then, why the hell is he bearing me?

Is it that he-he gets whatever he desires from Lavanya, instead of his ever accident-prone filled with scars, wife?

Have they been that ahead in their relationship?

No,no, I won't let it be.

He is mine.
He is mine.

No Sheetal, Lavanya or KAVYA can steal him away from me.

K-k-kavya, who is she?

I don't know any Kavya. Why did I voiced out her name?

Who is she?

Ugh! This headache will kill me.

Finishing the shower quickly and wearing the robe, I came outside only to find him laughing.

Ohh!  How much I love this sound of him and for how long I haven't heard it?

It has become rare with his wife's accidents, him taking care of his wounded wife, managing work and keeping a balance between work and home.

But why is he laughing?

Ohh Lavanya!
Stop being so cheeky.

He said.

So, Lavanya made him laugh. He isn't affected with whatever happened in the washroom and is busy in talking and laughing with Lavanya but can I accuse him?

No, I can't.

I can't because I am not capable enough to make him laugh.

I can only make him worried.

I can only make him pay my hospital bills.

I can only make him treat my wounds every now and then.

He turned towards me and his smile vanished.

Do I prick him that much?

Cutting the call, he came towards me and giving me my clothes after thoroughly examining it, forwarding it to me with a poker face, he left outside.

He again left, without a word, without any action.

If I am not lovable then why the hell is he bearing me?

Why don't he divorce me?

Is it because I have no one, no place to go incase he leaves me?

Its clearly visible that he is happy with Lavanya and just fulfilling his duties towards me.

What did I do to deserve this in my life?

To be continued..

Thank you to all those who voted and commented on the previous chapter.

Do vote and comment if you liked it.