THAT NERVE-WRENCHING MOMENT

Jeoperdised, he kept staring at his wife with sheer pain in his every inch of face and most in his eyes.

She fainted twice and not in a normal state. She fainted because step by step she is coming closer to the truth. The truth which he kept hiding all this while. The truth which is too ugly and haunted.

The truth that can either break them apart or crumble down her.

The truth, which had swallowed them, inch by inch.

What would he say to her, once she regains her consciousness?

Did she really hear about the baby and the abortion?

What is she going to conclude with all the facts?

How would he make her understand?

How should he be enough strong to stand in front of her, meet her eyes and then lie, right at her face?

He kept fighting inside with all the thoughts and felt helpless,  tears falling one by one from his eyes. That tears pricked. That unconscious state of her pricks. This whole f*****g situation pricks.

Her little squirm in her sleeping state jerked him back and a mixed feeling of relief and terror engulfed him.

Now that she is awake, what explanation is he going to offer her?

What kind of support, he could offer her?

Will she be more broken than she already is?

He is yet not prepared to enlighten her with the truth.

There, Khushi opened her eyes only to recall the truth she came across, not so while ago.

She knew he must be there. Her eyes travelled to the side of the recliner and there she found him, sitting lost and cold.

Her eyes pricked to see him still at his place lost in his thoughts.

Probably, grounded with the thoughts that how is he going to pacify his ever broken, weak wife.

She laughed mockingly at her own self.

But then, her fist clenched. She again remembered what kind of brutal truth she came across just before loosing her senses in the arms of her culprit.

Ignoring the fact that how weak her body had become after coming across and registering the worst news.

The loss of that overwhelming feeling.

The loss of that hope.

The loss of her being a mother to a human created by her and her husband.

She attempted to stand only to sit back defeated.

A gut-wrenching ache bobbled in her throat dreading to come out as a painful sob which she gulped like her fate gulped her motherhood happiness or rather a particular someone did that.

Their talks conveyed her the possibility of tha latter more.

And if that's what the truth is, then the culprit won't be spared nor would she let herself shame in the name of a mother by staying with the one who snatched her baby from her.

But for that, she need to be strong, take a stand but will she be able to do so?

That too, when she isn't actually sure about him doing the shameful act deliberately?

May be, No.

She needs to find the truth but then, after today she is sure she lost the love of her husband, so, she won't insult herself living with a cheat of her husband.