Chapter 29

The blaring sound of my ringtone woke me up. I yawned blindly reaching for it. I felt Taraji stir next to me. Picking it up I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked my voice sounding groggy.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Ok. I'm on my way." I spoke ending the call. Taraji eyes petted at me as I stood.

"Kims in labor. There at the hospital and my brother freaking out. He wants me to come down." I spoke then walked into the closet.

"Do you want me to go?" I heard her voice ask.

"No baby. I'll come back and get you later. Get you some rest." I spoke comming out of the closet dressed in some sweats and a black t-shirt. I saw Amir looking at me from next to Taraji. He was sitting straight up. As I walked over to Taraji he crawled over.

"You want to go with daddy?" I asked him. He shook his head quickly diving into Taraji's arms. She chuckled. I shook my head and kissed her forehead, then his.

"I'll be back. Love you." I spoke shutting the door.

"Love you to." He voiced answered.

On my way out I peeked into the twins room. Layloni was hanging off the side of her bed. I silently chuckled then walked in. Careful not to step on anything. I gently righted her in bed and covered her up.

I placed a kiss on her forehead and watched ho she smiled and snuggled into the warmth. My heart tugged she was so cute. I stood quietly and exited. Grabbing my car keys I was out the door.

 Grabbing my car keys I was out the door

My brother paced the floor. My dad staring at him with amusement. He seemed to be muttering random things to hiself. I kept in the laugh threatening to spill. I shook my head. He looked like he was gonna pass out.

"Tyrea are you ok man?" I asked. His head snapped to me.

"I look ok motherfucker? I just became every name in the book and some I've never heard of. I know you and pops said go in there with a heart of steel, but shit them words hitting hard." He rambled.

I wondered how Taraji was gonna act. It would be her first baby like Kim. He doubted Taraji would blow up. She was such a timid person anyways.

"It'll be ok man. How far along?" I asked.

"7 centimeters." He answered. I gaped at him.

"It's almost time take your ass in there." I snapped. He sighed turning and trudging back into the room. I shook my head and sat next to my dad.

"So a little girl huh? How you feel about that?" My dad asked. A wide grin spread on my face.

"Yeah. I couldn't be happier pops." I grinned. He chuckled.

"I can tell. So when you gonna pop the question?" He asked suddenly.

"I don't know. Trust I won't to do it now. I just don't know how she's gonna react she had quite the past. I don't want her to feel like I'm rushing things." I answered.