This Was... Unexpected

"Wait, so you introduced them, and nothing happened?"

"Yeah! I was surprised too, but they're like best friends now."

Mal shakes her head. "I can't believe Brit is okay with that guy. I know for a fact that Frollo told her some awful stuff about Quasi, Esmeralda, and Phoebus. She basically heard how horrid they were every day, since those were her version of bedtime stories as a kid."

"Why does she act the way she does?" I ask. "Gil, Carlos, now you are all talking like she's got some big story, and I'm kind of guessing at it, but what happened?"

Mal winces. "Ah. See, that's more her business to tell you."

"That's what Gil said too!" I say. "But I don't think Brit will tell me."

"She'll tell you if you ask her." Mal says. "Once she trusts a person, she'll tell you. Of course, she trusts pretty much anyone who isn't her dad."

Someone knocks on the door and Mal sighs. "Come in!"

Evie opens it up. "Nasty attitude today, M?"

"No, E. Just talking with Ellie."

"About Brit?" Evie asks. 

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask. 

"Um, because she just came here like three days ago and suddenly she's good friends with Quentin, and nobody can figure out why." Evie tells me. "But one thing I will say, Brit is happier than I've ever seen her."

"So's Quentin." I say. 

Evie beams. "I know. Those two are all anyone's talking about right now. Even Chad's at a loss for words, nobody can figure out why those two like each other so much!"

"Um, maybe because they're both sweet?" I suggest.

"Yes, I realize that, but still! Both of them were raised on the fact that the other is a monster." Evie says.

Mal rolls her eyes. "Yeah, and me and you were raised to hate Auradon, E. How'd that work out?"

Evie sticks her tongue out and I laugh. Someone knocks on the door again and Mal picks a pillow up. "Come in!" She yells, holding the pillow. The second the door opens, she flings it at the person and it hits them in the face. 

Ben looks down. "Bad timing?" He asks while I crack up. 

Mal smiles. "That depends. What did you need?"

Ben scratches the back of his neck. "So... Gil came to me today. Again."

Mal scowls. "About Harry and Uma?"

"Yeah." Ben says.

"Gil really doesn't get that we can't bring them, does he?" I ask.

Everyone shakes their heads. Mal looks over at Ben. "Was that all?"

"No. Ellie, you saw the pictures Ned posted right?" Ben asks me.

"Um, yeah. Wait, I thought there was only one!"

He grimaces and hands me his phone. He's right, there's multiple pictures of me on the Isle, one with me laughing behind Mal on the motorcycle, and another where I'm tied up and Harry Hook is talking to me. There's also one where Hans is holding me forward over the water. I shudder and hand Ben's phone back.

"Where is he getting all these?" I groan.

Ben shrugs. "That's why I came here. I confronted him about this and said it was illegal, and he told me that he was just doing it to show everyone the truth. Not sure what the 'truth' is here, but when I asked where he got them, he just said he had a 'source'."