Chapter Once

My contractions are seven minutes apart and we're stuck in traffic. I'm thinking I might have Edwyn in the truck! I look around hoping to see someone in a doctors jacket or a nurse who is off duty, but have no luck. Edwyn is getting really impatient, and so am I. Chris is grinning from ear to ear and I have no idea why. He's looking in the rear view mirror at something. I slowly turn around and see...nothing. I don't see anything at all. What does he see that I don't? Is he trying to freak me out? Does he want me to have Edwyn in the truck? I'm so confused, and in so much pain right now. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. I feel like I'm about to.... I blacked out!

When I came to I was being wheeled in by someone dressed  in black! Why black? I tried looking around, but everything was so blurry. I couldn't make anything out.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You and the baby are safe now" is all this person said.

"W-where is my husband?" I studdered.

"Getting yours and the babies bags," he said, " now quiet please ma'am."

I listened to him and didn't say anything else. I'm in a tremendous amount of pain, and if I didn't get something soon I was going to kill someone, literally! I could hear people talking near me; I couldn't see them though. I was beginning to black out again, I could feel it. Edwyn moved and that's the last thing I remember.

~~Two hours later~~

I awoke to the sound of a baby cooing. I looked around the room and spotted Chris holding a baby. I smiled, and watched him play with Edwyn. They needed their bonding time, like I needed mine. I stretched quietly and realized I wasn't hurting. Everyone I talked to said I'd be sore for a few weeks, but I was feeling no pain at all. I didn't have an I.V. in so I knew I didn't have medicine in me. How could I feel so good after just giving birth? Maybe I'm dreaming, maybe this has all been a dream and my water didn't break, and Edwyn hasn't been born yet and... But wait! I remembered being wheeled into the hospital or where ever I am. This IS real and I DID have Edwyn.

I slowly scooted to the edge of the bed and stood up. I was scared my insides would fall out, so I did everything carefully. I took a step, then two, then another and another and... I feel no pain! It's like I've already recovered. What the hell? How?

I make my way to the restroom and look in the mirror. My skin is pale, my beautiful brown hair is now shiny and straighter then ever before, my cheeks have a pink tint to them and my lips are a bright blood red color. My eyes are sparkling silver and my teeth are... SHARP? Why would they be sharp? The urge to pee hits me, so I do. I washed my hands and walk out of the restroom. Chris is standing with Edwyn now, and looking my way grinning. I want to hold my son now damn it. I glide over and look at Edwyn for the first time. He's so handsome. He doesn't look anything like Chris or myself though.

Chris has blonde wavy hair, greenish eyes and is very tall. His skin is tanned, kind of an olive color. He's really  hairy all over, I know why now. He's strong and handsome and he's all mine. Little Edwyn has red curly hair, brown eyes and he's a little chunky. His skin color is a inbetween color from mine and Chris'. He's the cutest baby I've ever seen. I just want to squeeze his chunky cheeks. Edwyn looks at me and coos. I look at Chris and he hands him to me.

"Hi sweet Edwyn," I whisper, "I'm your Mommy and I love you."

He smiles and goos and coos.

"Are you hungry?" I ask him.

We all walk to the bed. I lean back and pull my gown down to reveal my right breast. I place Edwyn's mouth on it and...

Hope you all enjoy :) Remember to Comment and Vote!!!!