Chapter 1 - Our Move

Chapter One - Our Move

I was in the car staring out the window at all the grassy fields. It was such a beautiful and sunny day. I looked to my sister Kai.

“Kai! Look Look! Everything is so pretty here!”

“Woah...Everything is so big Kimmi!” she replied.

“Girls stay in your seat for me please.” my mom said.

“But mommy look! Its so pretty!” I exclaimed. She laughed.

“I know, I know it is. But could you please stay in your seat for me?” She smiled at me and Kai in the rear view mirror.

I sat back in my seat. I looked back at Kai again. She was starting to fall asleep.

“Kai are you tired?” I asked her.

“...mhmm..m” She was rubbing her eyes and then instantly fell asleep. Her head was hanging to the side. I took her head gently and let it rest on my shoulder. I wondered what it would be like at this new house.

****

“...mi....Kimmi...Kimmi wake up..Kimmiii.” I opened my eyes and saw my mom in front of me. I looked around.

“Are we here mommy?”

“Yes we are sweety. Kai is already inside. Why don’t you join me and her once you're ready?”

“Okaaaaay.” My mom walked away from the car and into the new house. I hopped out of the car and onto the pavement. I saw the most greenest of grasses and looked up at the most brightest and bluest of skies. It was wonderful.

I saw a fence covered in vines with beautiful flowers. One bright purple flower caught my eye. I walked over to the fence and looked at the flower for a couple of seconds. I reached out to touch it and my hand was slapped away instantly.

“Don’t touch it!!!! IT’S MINE!” A boy with brown hair and blue eyes exclaimed stepping in front of me. I took a step back, frightened.

“I’m-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-” I started to say but then he ran off. I watched him until he disappeared on the other side of the fence.

“Louis, where have you been?!” I heard a frantic voice on the other side of the fence.

“I was just taking a walk mother.” I heard the voice from the brown-haired boy I saw a few seconds before.

“Next time let me know!” The frantic and now angry voice said. I hear a door slam saying that was the end of the conversation.

Still shaken, I walked inside to the new house, trying to forget about what just happened.

“What took you so long sweet heart?” my mom said having taken things already inside the house.

“Um..I was just looking around at how pretty the garden was.” I managed to say.

“It's beautiful isn’t it?” My mom smiled at me.

“Now why don’t you go upstairs to join your sister? She’s getting her room set up.” my mom said while turning back to unloading the boxes.

“Will do!” I turned to the stairs and ran up them.

“Kimmi! Come look at our room!” Kai exclaimed.

“Cominggg!” I ran to where the voice was coming from. It was a really nice room. It had three large windows. One looking out to the front yard, one looking out to the backyard, and one looking out over the fence with vines and flowers. I looked out of the window and saw over the fence, the boy with the brown hair who yelled at me earlier. He was laying in the grass with flowers around him. His eyes were closed and he looked like, he was thinking about something. But he looked very peaceful. He opened his eyes and looked right at me. I turned away from the window, nervous. Gladly Kai was unpacking some stuff from her bag and didn’t notice.

“I’m-I’m going to get my bag from the car.” I told Kai slowly.

“Okay. Just to let you know I’m going to sleep on the bed next to the backyard window. You sleep where the front and side window are.” Kai said still unpacking her stuff.

“Okay. Be right back.” I turned and ran downstairs, out of the house and to the car. I started reaching for my bag when I remembered that the boy was on the other side of the fence. I silently crept to the fence avoiding the bright purple flower and climbed onto the fence dodging the other flowers on the fence. I slowly peeked over the fence and saw the boy also standing on the fence but on the other side right in front of me.

“What are you doing?” he asked me. Startled, I fell back into the grass. I ran to the car, grabbed my bag, went inside the house, and shut the door behind me.

“Kimmi? Is that you?” my mom said from around the corner.

“Yes mom. I was just, I wanted to hurry and get to my room. Kai is waiting for me.” Before she could say anything I ran up to my room and joined Kai unpacking. What a strange boy. I thought.