Chapter 10 - Our Stupidity

After showing Ace around school, I decided to invite him over. We’d caught up on a lot things but there was lots more to tell.

“Think you can come over today?” I asked as I was walking out of the school with Ace.

“Yeah sure!”

“Okay thats great! My car’s over th-” And then I remembered. My car was still in the shop. Usually I would go home with Lou... but I don’t think I should anymore..

“Hellooo~” Ace said waving in his hand in front of my face. He was now standing in front of me.

“Oh um, Ace I forgot... My car’s still in the shop.. and usually I drive home with Lou and..”

“Okay, we can just drive in my car if you don’t mind.” Ace gave me a smile.

“Oh thank you so much! You saved me! I don’t wanna bother Lou cause yeah....”

“Yeah I understand.” He led me through the crowds of people trying to get home. We finally arrived in front of his car and...

“Woooahhh-oh!!... How..? What??” I stared at his bright red Porsche Carrera GT in awe.

“It was imported from Germany.”

“Wh-where did you get that kind of money!?” I asked him, still amazed.

“Well I don’t wanna brag or anything, but my dad owns some big corporate company,” He said waving his hands around,”And to be honest, I’m just riding on his tail sadly, haha.” He laughed flicking his hair a bit to the side. I didn’t even know what to say. Just stood there. “Maybe you should get in..” He opened the door for me, and I did as he told. I got in that amazing as fuck car. This was probably the only chance I’d ever get to ride in something like this. Once he got in and shut the door and we sat in silence for a few seconds. "So... are you going to give me your address?"

"..Oh! Yeah of course!" I gave him my address and he started pulling out of his parking spot. As I looked out the window I noticed Louis. He was standing by his car looking around... He wasn’t looking for me.. right? That couldn’t be possible. He finally noticed the Porsche and his eyes widened. Then he looked straight at me and they lost its glow. We stared at each other for a few seconds until the car turned away from him. As Ace drove out of the school parking lot, I felt my heart sink to my stomach.

We reached my house and the first thing I noticed was the violet flower on the fence. I always wondered how it managed to stay alive for so long. And then it reminded me of Lou. To get it out of my mind, maybe I should show Ace the flower and it can become something special between me and Ace.. instead of Lou. Ace pulled into my driveway and took his car keys out of the ignition.

“Hey, Ace. I have to show you something.” I said while I got out of the car.

“Okay.” He said raising his eyebrows up a bit and stepping out of his car. As he closed the car door, I took his arm and brought him to the flower. I cupped the flower with my hands and showed it to him. “What?” He said with a confused look.

“What do you think?” I said staring into his eyes.

“What do you mean what do I think?” 

“Of the flower.”

“What? I don’t know.”

“The first thing you think of.” I said quickly. He put his hand behind his neck while his eyebrows raised up.

“Well I mean. Purple..”

“Violet.”

“Violet, isn’t really my color..” What?