My Interview

As I pulled up to the school, I quickly found a parking spot and turned down my music in the car. I sat in my car for a few minutes trying to calm my nerves. I wipped my sweaty palms on my dress, and looked in the mirror to check if my make up had smudged yet. I was pleased to see that I looked the same as when I left. I took one last breath and unbuckled my seatbelt. I was about to open the car door when my phone vibrated beside me. I picked it up and smiled when Ashton's name lite up my phone. The text message read, 'You'll do amazing babe. Don't stress about it, you got this. I love you so much. Good luck!' I smiled and replied. 'I love you.' I put my phone in my purse and walked into the building. Right as I walked in, the warm air hit my body. I looked to my left to see an old lady sitting behind a desk looking through a small stack of papers. I greeted her with a warm smile as I studied her. She had curly gray hair, along with light brown eyes and pale white skin. She looked up and her light brown eyes met my bright blue ones. "Hello, my name is Jane, can I help you?" She asked with a warm smile. I gave her my sweetest smile and responded. "Yes, I'm here for an interview in the baby department." I explained playing with my fingers, a nerves habit I had developed over the years. "Lovely, just let me get you a visitors pass right here." She said fumbling through one of her drawers. "Here you are." She handed me a sticker that wrote visitors pass over a blank place for me to write my name. "Write your first name here please." She smiled as she handed me a Sharpie marker. I wrote my name out nice and neat, then handed her the pen. I placed the sticker on the right side of my chest. "Perfect my dear, now just go through that door right there, and good luck." She smiled at me. I smiled back before looking in the direction her finger was pointing to. My nerves grew quickly as I walked to the door. I wiped my sweaty palms on my dress once more and opened the door.

As I drove down the road, I tried focusing on the music and the road around me, basically anything to keep my mind off the interview I just had. I was so nerves, I probably didn't get the job. Actually I know I didn't get it. I let my nerves get the best of me this time. I pulled into Ashton's drive way, disappointed in myself. I pulled my keys out of the car and stepped out, careful to walk to the door in my heels. I unlocked the door and walked in. Conner immediately ran to me. It brought me happiness instantly to see my little CoCo. "Hi buddy, I missed you." I smiled as I bent down to pick him up. He ran straight into my arms and I cradled him as if he was two again. "I missed you sissy." He said cuddling into me. I kissed the top of his head and set him down. "Ash!" I yelled so that he could hear me in any room of the house. "Mommy's here." Conner said. "What Conner?" my heart raced and I felt a bit dizzy. "Mommy is here." I set him down quickly and yelled for Ashton again as I sped walked upstairs the best I could in my heels. I walked into our room and my eyes directly shot towards Ashton who was standing directly in front of my mother. "What do you think you're doing here?" I said directly to my mother. She looked at me with a face of empathy. What was going on?