Chapter 1

Part I: Midnight

With nothing but the moon shinning on them from the night sky Tifea and Fenris slept in their tent. The two have been traveling, bound for Ferelden since their encounter with bounty hunters, hoping that Neria and maybe others will help them achieve their goal.

Tifea…

Upon hearing the sound in her mind Tifea only scrunches more into her blankets only wanting not to wake.

Come…Please…

More noise. Tifea then covers her head with the blanket.

Ahhhh… Go away…

Tifea… Please…

Tifea, now awake, she covers her ears hoping that the sound was coming from outside.

Gerr…

Wake up!... Now!

Tifea finally slowly opens her eyes. She then turns her body to look to Fenris, who is still asleep.

“Ug… why didn’t she wake you…” whispered Tifea.

Tifea then slowly, and quietly enough as to not wake Fenris, left the tent.

Forward…

“Fine… so late at night… who is this?”

No answer.

Tifea followed the directions of the voice until she came to a light, and at that moment she knew who it was.

Tifea ran to see her mystery speaker, which she knew was Julia Nollen. Once she arrived Julia got up from the ground and removed her hood in order to greet Tifea.

“Welcome Tifea.”

“Sorry I took so long, it’s…”

“I know it’s late,” Julia looked worried, as if she’d seen something horrific. “But I needed to warn the both of you.”

“Warn us about what? And why didn’t you wake Fenris, I thought he’d be easier for you to call upon,” asked Tifea, jokingly.

“Because,” Julia stared at Tifea gravely, “I needed to tell this to you not him.”

“Ok, ok… what is this about?”

“It is about this man. A man I saw in Fenris’s past,” Julia closed her eyes so that she could remember the man’s name. “Danarius.”

Tifea, no longer tired, glared at Julia with anger.

“Danarius is dead Julia.”

Julia looked to Tifea as if she was about to cry.

“No he is not Tfea I---”

“Yes he is! I stabbed him in the heart when we were in Kirkwall. He fell to the ground and died!”

Tifea looked as if she was ready to attack Julia. Julia then lifted her hands in reassurance.

“Please Tifea believe me, I know it may sound wrong but I encountered him recently.”

“No it must have been someone else Julia. I killed Danarius with my own hands! Fenris saw it, I saw it, the innkeeper saw it. He’s DEAD!”

Julia then ran up to Tifea and touched both of her temples with her hands. Instantly Tifea sees the Hangedman, empty, with only a body on the ground. A man comes in then leaves; it seems that everything is being fast forwarded. Seconds later to her, but maybe hours in the time period of the vision, the inn is still empty. Four men in robes come into the Hangedman and take the body of the man on the floor. The vision then blurs and comes to an end.