03 - Sneakers

sneaker - /ˈsniːkə/
(plural: sneakers)
a soft shoe worn for sports or casual occasions

"What are you having." He asked. We were standing in line at in-n-out.

"Uhm, I think a cheeseburger and fries... aaand a vanilla milkshake." I smiled when I looked at him. If I thought about it for a second there, it almost seemed as if we're old friends; the feeling was pretty familiar.

"Alright. Two cheeseburgers with fries, a sprite and a large vanilla milkshake." He ordered. "To go, please."

I paid before he could even reach for his wallet and I saw he wasn't very happy with that.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh, your money's no good here." I winked at him.

He chuckled. "Thank you, but you should just let me pay when we go out."

"Just take it and be happy." I gave him that look with my eyebrow raised.

"Alright, don't shoot." He joked, grabbing the bag off the counter.
"Come on."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere you won't have to wear heels." He was full of surprises, a typical player move. Surprise the girl, keep her attention on you at all times.

Well, he wasn't lying; we arrived at the boardwalk where he handed me the bag of food and ran to one of the stores. I was intrigued; either he planned all that before or he's very creative. He came back running with a big towel in his hand.

"Please tell me we're not going swimming." I joked.

"Nah, no swimming tonight." He took the bag from me as I was following him to the beach. Now I understood that no heels thing he mentioned before. I gladly took my sandals off and stepped in the sand. This is one of the many things I love about LA. The sand was still warm and I sighed in relief.

"Oh yeah." I mumbled.

"See, I take care of you." He chuckled, stretching the towel out, placing it on the warm sand.

"This is very cute." I admitted, sitting my tired ass down.

"Not as much as you but I tried." He laughed. His eyes looked into mine often, which is something I rarely witness, it's even a little awkward for me. It felt strangely comfortable with him though.

We ate our food and then just sat there on the towel, staring at the ocean.

"So Gerald, what's your deal? Besides music and helping achieve greatness." I asked him. He pulled a joint out of the pocked inside his leather jacket.

"You smoke?" He asked.

"I used to, now not so much." I grinned.

"You mind?" He was being so careful, it was a bit confusing.

"Not at all." I said.

"Well..." He lit it up and took a small puff, blowing up the smoke seconds later. "I actually own a part of my family business, I can show you later if you want to."