Chapter Nine

Lauren's POV

I climbed out of the bed after the sunlight hits my eyes, waking me up. I groaned as I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth right before going downstairs.

"Lauren! Breakfast is served!" I heard my dad call me from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" I screamed as I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. "What's for breakfast?"

"Your favorites," My dad smiled as he removed the apron tied from his waist. I took a peek on the plate placed on the table and saw lasagna, pasta and spaghetti and by the smell of it, it got me really hungry.

"Ohhh this is good," I said. "Thanks dad," I smiled to him.

"So," he spoke as we both took a seat. "Was that Harry who took you home last night?"

"That's Niall, Dad," I answered as I pick a fork and placed a huge portion of lasagna on my plate before digging in.

"Where is Harry then?" he asks.

"He's in Holmes Chapel, as what Niall told me," I answered. "Went there to visit his family and friends. That lad has no time in the world to do such with his busy schedule. Like, he goes there for like once or twice a year."

"He did not tell you where he is but his bestfriend did?" Dad asked and I shot him a look. "What kind of a boy..."

"Dad, how many times would I tell you?" I asked. "I am not dating him and he is not my boyfriend. Like there is like a zero percent chance for that to happen,"

"Don't be so defensive, cupcake," he laughs. "I was about to say boy friend. The separate one. The two word not the one."

"Whatever dad," I said. "I know you too well dad and deep inside, you're thinking that."

"You know kiddo, there is actually nothing wrong into dating him." He told me. "It's like okay. You are not a kid anymore. Way back, I dated your mom when she was eighteen too and I was like twenty, turning twenty-one. So, I see no problem with that,"

"Dad, we are really just friends." I said. "We're tight. Close. No space." I added.

"Whatever Lauren," my dad said.

"Ewww!" I cried. "Stop that dad. You don't look good while doing it."

He laughs. "It's not bad to try,"

"I swear dad, girls wouldn't be right onto your feet if you are like that," I told him.

"I cannot believe my little girl is actually preaching me about girls and dating," he chuckles.

"Because that is true dad." I said with sigh. "Nowadays, women are not as before. I mean, a bit not like before. But whatever, just find out what is it."

He shrugs. "So, what are we doing today?"

"I have no idea," I answered. "I maybe will just stay at home today and sleep all day or go surf the net all day. I don't really know. I did not make plans for today,"

"Because Harry isn't around?" he asks.

"One of the reason actually." I sighed. "We spent Sunday together just joyriding and going to carnivals and I ended up screaming up into his face,"

"Fierce," He laughs. "I bet he got scared,"

"He was actually amused dad and I think he is crazy for being like that," I lamented. "How about you dad? Got some plans?"

"I have plans for today kiddo," He told me.

"Oh, can I join that plan?"

"Unfortunately, no," he answered. "I'll be heading to Liverpool to meet some friends up and maybe play golf or football."