Chapter 4

Tomorrow night is my first full moon. Derek said he has a plan to help us control ourselves. I'm using today to catch up on homework and things. I think Derek knows I like him, being able to hear my heartbeat doesn't help.

My dad stumbled in around 5pm, drunk as a skunk. He stumbled past the kitchen where I was sitting but turned back when he saw me.

"Where have you been lately?" he slurred.

"School, work, places," I sighed. He won't remember this conversation in an hour.

"I don't believe you, you're probably out doing drugs and screwing guys... maybe even girls. little whore" he accused.

"At least I'm not a drunk!" I screamed. I regretted it instantly because he came hurdling at me with his fist raised. I cowered in front of him but his hit never came. I looked up and Derek had a hold of his arm.

"Don't ever..touch her!" he growled. My dad broke free and rubbed his wrist.

"This your pimp? he won't always be around to protect you," he glowered at me. He got his jacket and left. Tears immediately flooded my eyes and formed rivers down my cheeks. Derek pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks," I whispered. He just nodded.

"I'm always here if you need me" he told me. I wiped my tears and forced a smile.

"Well um I will see you tomorrow," I said.

"You want me to um stick around for a bit in case he comes back?" he asked. I nodded shyly. "Your heartbeat is all over the place," he chuckled. I smacked him playfully.

"You should never trust a heart, it's dumb," I sighed. He looked like he wanted to ask something but didn't. We decided to watch a movie and I let him choose.

"You have terrible taste in movies," he scoffed.

"Um I do not... how about Thor?" I suggested. He sighed and agreed. I put it in and started to drool over Loki.

"Why do you like him so much? he's the bad guy," Derek questioned.

"He's hot... and he just wants to prove he is deserving of the throne. He's not bad just misunderstood," I smiled. He rolled his eyes.

"I think you just like bad boys," he chuckled.

"Um no. bad boys are drama and stress that I do not need." I scowled. I've never really dated anyone per-say but I've had flirtationships that have ended badly with guys who were less than desirable. I seem to attract the defects.

"What if the bad boy was just.. misunderstood like Loki? what if you just had to work past his tough exterior to get to the good deep inside? do you think it'd be worth it?" he asked in a hushed tone. I looked over into his eyes and he looked so innocent and helpless for some reason.

"I think that if this bad boy wanted me to put in the effort to see his good, then he would have to put in the effort to convince me he's worth it" I whispered. He started leaning in but his phone rang. He sighed and picked it up.

"I have to go. see you tomorrow." He said briskly before walking out. He's my bad boy. he's my alpha.