1.2 - week one .•☆

"Next time try landing on your face, it'll be an improvement."

- Brady Jacobs

☆•.♡.•☆

I sit beside the window with a book in my lap, the sun only just fully rising through it. I push my pale glasses up my nose and look over as I see dad leave for work, his suit crisp and the usual coffee in his travel mug. I smile; he seems to be enjoying the opportunity he has at the hospital. He's more hands on than he was in Baltimore as the head of Cardio.

He looks up at the window and sighs when he sees me awake, although he isn't surprised. He blows a kiss as he drives off and I give a small wave. Every day since we got here I've always been up before him; I barely get 2-3 hours sleep, no matter where we are. I think he hoped moving away would help.

I glance back down at my book and lose interest in it; I've already read it, but I've ran out of books. Maybe Sue or Leah can show me where a book store is. I sigh and slam it shut, putting it on the small table; I straighten my blanket out on the armchair and smile gently before I head downstairs.

 I sigh and slam it shut, putting it on the small table; I straighten my blanket out on the armchair and smile gently before I head downstairs

I tie my silk robe around my waist and slip my unicorn slippers on, tying my hair up. First things first: coffee. I turn the radio on and hum absentmindedly to the song as I crack some eggs, whisking them before I heat the pan.

"Breakfast in 5!" I call to the boys knowing they haven't slept, they've gamed all night.

"I want bacon!" Bae calls.

"And lucky charms!"

"Tough shit we got eggs and toast." I roll my eyes and go back to the kitchen. I sip my coffee and slip the toast under the grill, stirring the eggs.

The boys clamber loudly down the stairs as I set the plates down, not even a thank you as they dig in. I roll my eyes and lean on the counter as I eat my scrambled eggs, not feeling toast. The boys eat my slices anyway.

"Can we use your window?" Coop asks as he sips his orange.

I raise an eyebrow. "What on earth for?"

"We wanna jump onto the trampoline, see how high we go." Bae smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Do you guys have a death wish!?"

"Oh come on, please. It's that or the roof."

"Mess up my room and you are dead. And I'm not taking you to the hospital if you get hurt." I roll my eyes.

"Thanks!" They bring their plates to the sink and I laugh small as they kiss my cheeks at the same time before they dart outside to move the large trampoline under my window.

I roll my eyes and take my coffee to my bathroom with me, locking the door as I run myself a bath. I sigh as I relax into the water, closing my eyes.