3.6 | war |

I'm still reeling from finding that Abigail bugged my home. She was listening in on private conversations for who knows how long, eaves dropping on my life and the lives of those close to me. The bitch is going to get it now - it's war. I haven't told Embry yet, I didn't want to ruin our date night. Ah, date night.

All we had was a 90 minute time slot - I had Kinley to get ready for bed and he had shift changes. The packs really working hard to crack this. I called a meeting today to tell them all, because after all this secret is theirs that's been exposed. I feel terrible, I feel guilty - I bought her into their lives (not intentionally) and her vendetta is against me, just me - it was my actions that pissed her off; she's after me for Dean's death and I am the one who killed him.

I change into a green long sleeved t shirt and some black jeans that are ripped at the knee. I then pick up my baby girl and change her into a fresh onesie. "Mommy will be back soon." I say to her as I carry her downstairs.

Bella smiles as she takes Kinley. "Hey cutie pie." She coos. As like everyone else, Bella is besotted - duh, my baby is the cutest.

I smile. "Thank you for watching her. Esme has done it the last few times and she needs to hunt."

"No need to thank me, I adore this little one." She smiles as Kinley giggles at her.

"I feel like I keep palming her off to others all the time." I bite my lip.

"It's safer. She doesn't need to be around all that, plus I adore having something to keep me occupied, especially something so cute."

I smile. "Wow... it's safer to leave my baby with a vampire. Jesus that's weird to think."

Bella laughs. "Hey, at least I'll leave her be some. If it was Rose watching her she'd never be put down. If it was Alice, you know she'd be doing a mini photo shoot."

"Very true. Thanks Bells." I kiss both their cheeks and head out to the car; I check I look okay - god no. I huff and throw my hair up messily, before eventually driving away. I take the long roads to the res, trying to prolong the whole thing. This is horrible - the reason the pack patrols and keeps to themselves is to ensure the safety of their loved ones and the security of their secret. And because of me it's been discovered. -10 imprintee points, Aubs. By now I must be on minus a million mom points and minus a few hundred thousand imprint points. Way to go!

Half way there I pull over at the side of the road and reach into the glove compartment; I slowly pull out the small handgun Charlie help me get licenced, then I lift my shirt and tuck it behind my back in the waistband of my jeans. I don't know why, but I feel like I can only do this knowing it's with me if I need it - after all, I got it to keep me safe.

Once the gun is safely tucked behind me I begin to drive again. I pull up at Emily and Sam's house, taking a deep breath as I climb out. Embry comes out of the house smiling wide. "Hey baby."

"Hi." I smile gently as he kisses my cheek.

"What's going on, why'd you call a meeting?" He asks as he wraps an arm around me.

"Let's just wait." I say as we head into the house; his grumpy scowl/frown appears on his face and I sigh. Here goes...

"Hey Aubree!" Seth says as he jumps up from the table and hugs me.

I smile. "Hey Seth. Hey guys."

They all wave; Paul swings on his chair, earning a slap from Emily who stands beside him, Sam behind her with his hand on her hip. "What's this about, Aubree?" He asks, his face blank - he's still getting used to not being alpha.