Chapter 8 Bang

I woke up to a loud bang. It wasn't a gun going off it was more like something hitting against a wall. As I looked over to Brookes bed I saw that she wasn't there any more, and I started to think about the worst possibility there could be. What if The Division is here?

Well crap.

I sat up and walked to the door. I heard some muffled noises coming from the other side. I quickly but silently ran back to my bed and grabbed my gun from under my pillow. When I was positioned back at the door I flung it open and aimed my gun. I came face to face with a nervous looking Tyler. I quickly lowered my gun and motioned for him to come inside. I didn't know what to think about this so I just waited for him to speak up first. However the scilence was starting to feel awkward and was going on for too long, so I decited to break it.

"Tyler I never wanted to hurt you yestarday. It just kind of slipped out." I tried to apologize without actually using the words 'I'm sorry'. Even if I really wanted to tell him I'm sorry, I haven't apologozed to anyone in forever exept for Brooke, but I knew her when we were like five, so I felt like I owed her an aplology and I definitely didn't want her to hate me.

"I get it K. You were propably exhausted and all and I just added to it, but I should have never said what I did, to you. None of that was true." He said as he stepped towards me. I wasn't sure if I belived him. I'm sure he didn't mean it now but what he said was true. And nobody can change a killer.

"Look, Tyler. What you told me was true. I can't be angry at you for stating the facts. I just hope this will not affect our relationship in any way, but I get it if you never want to talk to m-" I was cut off by Tyler squeezing me in his arms.

"Don't you ever say that. You aren't a killer K. You are one of my closest friends and I don't want you to think like that of your self because of me." He said while hugging me tightly, like if he let go I would just disappeare. I hugged him back after what he said. I haven't had anyone telling me that I'm important to them for a long time. And knowing that I have someone that actually thinks I'm worth something, makes me feel warmth inside of me and brings a small smile to my lips.

I pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes before I spoke up. "Thanks Tyler. I relly needed that. Nobody ever told me stuff like that." Tyler gave my shoulder a light squeeze before saying a small 'you're welcome' and starting to walk towards the door.

"By the way, we got a lead. Chief just hanged up with Christian." He said fom the doorway and caused me to turn around to face him. "We just figured we'd let you sleep a little longer, you know, so your leg could get some rest. But since you're up..."

Oh so that's where Brooke disappeared to.

Tyler started to walk away again but I stopped him in his tracks before he could completely leave the room. "Wait, what lead?" I asked as I walked to my duffle bag and pulled out a random outfit.

"Just meet us in Christians and Draytons room." He said shortly and disappeard into the hallway after closing the door to my room.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and teeth and put on the outfit that consisted of denim shorts and a black crop top. I pulled on my boots which didn't have any weapons in them at the moment. I left all my weapons in my room, figuring that I wouldn't need them in the room right next to mine.

I walked out into the hallway and knocked on the door on te left side of mine and Brookes room. I heard some shuffling from inside of the room, but shortly after, the door swung open and revealed Christian standing there in dark jeans and a navy blue T- shirt.

"Oh hi K. Come on in, we have a lead." He said and motioned for me to enter the room. I stepped inside and glanced around. Lets just say that if anyone normal walked in this room they would propably think that we were planning a freaking bank robbery or a mass murder. There were different types of guns and knives layed out on the beds, counter tops and desks. There were weapons everywhere. I didn't think much of it. It was something I basicly saw every day, due to my lifestyle and profession.