CHAPTER 3

"You're Not A Monster."

"I see you as who you really are now. I regret what I said in the past...please don't hold that against me." Rey said putting her hand on his.

Ben frowned.

"What's wrong?" Rey asked rubbing his hand.

Rey stopped and lifted her arm noticing blood.

"Oh my goodness."

"Rey stop. I'm fine."

"CHEWIE. GET THE MEDICAL BAG!"

Chewie roared storming into the room.

"He's hurt! Help him. He's wounded..."

Rey removed his coat.

"Bad."

"Rey I can handle this."

"No you can't." She hissed back removing his layers.

"May I?" She asked wrapping her fingers under his tank top.

Ben gave her the expression of allowance.

"Oh my..You've been hit. Come here."

Rey put her arms under bens lifting him up.

"Thank you but I can get up on my own."

Rey backed away running to the nearest table. Finding one,she quickly slid her hand across all the objects knocking them off.

"Lay him here."

Chewie picked up ben and laid him gently.

"I never would've thought you'd help me." Ben admitted.

Chewie tiltled his head left and right.

"I still dislike you though." Ben hissed.

Rey chuckled.
"Chew said you sound just like your father."

~~~
Moments later it was quiet. The only noises you heard were the winces coming from Ben as he got stitched up. And the snores from Chewbacca in the control room.

Ben and rey wanted to break the silence but didn't know how. Thoughts went through their head of how they would now approach one another for a start of conversation.

"Have you ever done this before?" Ben asked

"This? Stitching? Oh yes. Multiple times. I've done it to myself actually."

"Oh. I wouldn't have the urge to do that."

"Why."

"I don't know. I feel like it would go terribly wrong."

Rey chuckled. She tried to keep her eyes off of his astonishing body. She couldn't look away. It was a distraction making her choke up on words.

"Ow."

Rey snapped out of her thoughts. She accidentally misplaced the string.

"Oh I'm so sorry."

"Its ok. You seem like you have a lot going through your mind..."

Ben looked into her eyes.

"...Mixed emotions. You're debating of some sort of presence with us. Maybe yourself I'm guessing."

"What I am thinking of is none of your business." Rey spit finishing her last stitch. She put down her needle and grabbed a warm rag.

She gently put it on bens waist.

"I can do it. It's fine."

"Stop ben." Rey said pushing his hand away.

"Let me do it." He growled

"You never want anybody's help. Ben. Theres going to be some times were you can't handle situations on your own...and this is definitely one of them. Stop trying to help yourself when you know you can't."

Rey threw the damp rag to the side and walked away.

"Why are you angry?" Ben yelled.

"That's none of your business."

Ben reached his hand out stopping rey from leaving the room.

"Ben! Stop. This. Right...now."

"It's something else. Isn't it?"

Rey frowned,paralyzed from the neck down. Only able to make a slight sudden movement. A flinch.

"Come back." Ben whispered.

His force was released.

Rey stood there,Still as a statue. She dreaded those words. 'Come back.' That was the last word she ever screamed to her parents. From What she remembers.

"This isn't about your parentage rey."

"Get out of my head."

Ben stood up.
"Tell me. What is it."

Rey turned around sighing. She jumped seeing ben only inches away from her. She looked at her feet.

"I just feel this connection from you. It's not physical at all. It's coming from an emotion. And it makes me frustrated that it's still there."

"What's still there?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me rey."

"I just did...nothing. Nothing is there...and I thought I can change that too-

"You are."

"I feel like you don't appreciate the care I give you. You never seem to show it in return. It's like your feelings are locked away. Let them out. Please."

"You have no idea do you." Ben whispered.

"What?"

"What I feel towards you."

His voice hummed through Rey's mind and thoughts. She adored it.

"How am I supposed to know when you never show it."

"Snoke sensed it. You haven't?"

"What? What is it?" Rey asked stepping closer

A few moments of silence went by. Bens breath fell to Rey's as they were examining each other's skin.

"Compassion."