CHAPTER 4

"Compassion?" Rey asked tilting her head.

Ben turned around,not responding.

Rey looked down at her feet and gulped.
"I feel it too." She whispered.

Bens head shot up and turned to see rey staring at him. He watched a tear slowly fall down her cheek.

"I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to be judged. A girl like me. A scavenger...falling for a dangerous man named kylo Ren,Who people see as a monster."

Ben wiped away Rey's tear and set his hand on her cheek.

"But the thing is,is that. Is not about them. It's about us. Our balance,our energy. The force brought us together for a reason...so why not take advantage."

Ben sighed,his hand slowly slipping away.

"Will this..this feeling we have for each other be dangerous upon others?" He asked.

" I don't know. There's only one way to find out. And that's if we show it."

"But we shouldn't show it just to find out what others would think. We should show it for our pleasure."

Rey shrugged.
"I've never felt like this towards someone. I've always been alone."

The lights dimmed.

"You're not alone. Not anymore." Ben choked shaking his head.
"I'm here for you. I'm here with you."

Ben caressed Rey's hair. She looked down at the floor resting her head on his chest.

"Thank you." She whispered.

She finally felt care. She would've never thought in a million years that someone would be there for her in a passionate way.

Minutes went by.

"I'm getting tired. I'm exhausted and drained out from earlier." Rey yawned.

"You take the bed. Ill just be here looking at what I left many years ago."

"Ben no."

"It's ok rey."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"When was the last time you had a good sleep. A sleep that was Comfortable...no nightmares,stress,loneliness..."

"It's been so long I can't even remember if you want me to be truthful"

"Come here."

Ben sighed and walked over to the twin sized format.

Rey scooted until her back hit the wall. Ben quietly crawled up beside her,keeping himself slightly distant. He didn't want to hog her space and be pressed onto her,possibly making her uncomfortable.

"It's ok. You can scoot closer if you want." Rey said grabbing her cape from the bag attached to the wall.

"Here. In case you're cold."

"No no. It's fine. I'm layered up. Thank you."

Rey smiled.
"I promise it won't be this cold tomorrow night."

Ben smirked.
"Goodnight rey."

"I hope you sleep well ben. Goodnight."

Ben felt relief in him. Did he deserve this much comfort,this much care? He hadn't been this close to someone like this since he was a little boy sleeping with his mother due to being scared of the dark. Memories flooded his head. He didn't feel anymore pain surge through his mentality. It was nothing but comfort.

As he looked up to the ceiling trained into his thoughts,He felt rey shift. Her back was now pressing against his waist. Ben turned to his side and gently placed his arm around her stomach. He pulled her close and pulled his knees up. He played with the strands of her hair until he drifted off into darkness.