Songfiction: Classic😌Greg X Reader

Ooh, girl your shinin
Like a 5th avenue diamond
And they don't make you like they used to
You're never goin out of style.

Greg observes the sun glinting off your hair. He smiles at the radiant glow you're given by the uv rays. You turn to him, biting your lip. His soft smile is dreamy and peaceful. You smile at the sight.

"You're so beautiful," he says. You bite your lip once again. "Thank you," you say bashfully. Greg smiles wider at your flustered state.

Ooh, pretty baby
This world might have gone crazy
The way you saved me,
Who could blame me
When I just wanna make you smile.

Greg goes back to his office, and sits in his office chair behind his desk. 'Why did I say that?' he thinks. Then, he remembers the day you first walked in; you were shy, new, and didn't know anyone.

He - Sherlock- had just solved a stressful case the day before. Everyone was stressed out and exhausted. You came in, bashfully glancing at your new surroundings.

Everyone was tense; you were more so, in that you were on your first day on the job. You were unfamiliar with the way things were and the people around you.

Eventually, you warmed up to everyone and became their little candle in the dark.

I wanna thrill you like Michael
I wanna kiss you like Prince
Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye
Like Hathaway write a song for you like this

You're over my head
I'm out of my mind
Thinking I was born in the wrong time
One of a kind, living in a world gone plastic
Baby you're so classic
Baby you,
Baby you're so classic

You sigh at the paperwork in front of you. Your boss just admitted that he thinks of you as beautiful, and you have conflicted feelings for him.

Greg's great and all, but he's your boss. Would it be a good idea to confess your feeling for him? Your boss? Of that, you are quite unsure.

Greg rubs his temples. He's deciding how he's going to go about telling you that he fancies you. Then, getting a bright idea, he picks up his phone. He dials a number, immediately speaking as the person on the other end picks up.

Four dozen of roses
Anything for you to notice
All the way to serenade you
Doing it Sinatra style

The next day, you furrow your brows together, seeing roses all over your desk. Who sent them? Where did they come from?

You set your bag down on the floor and lift a rose from the desk. You read the card tied onto the stem. It says:

If you want to find out where these roses came from, meet me at Speedy's café. Noon.

You frown. Who could've done this? Who w-OH. Greg. Your frown turns into a small smile thinking about it. Greg is the only one that could've done this. He called you beautiful yesterday.

Just before noon, you spot Greg leaving his office, and heading out. You pull on your coat and leave your desk, trying to get to the lift. Greg sticks his hand out to keep the doors of the lift open. You smile slightly and step into the lift. Greg retracts his arm and returns your smile.

I wanna pick you up in a cadillac
Like a gentleman bringin' glamour back
Keep it real to real in the way I feel
I could walk you down the aisle

As you leave the grey building, Greg calls a cab. A cabbie pulls up to the side of the Yard and Greg motions for you to get in. You slide in, Greg following suit.

Greg tells the cabbie where to go; your suspicions become confirmed. Greg is the sender of the roses.

You smile to yourself.

Greg sits back in the cab, smiling slightly. The cab speedily drives to Speedy's. (A/N- see what I did there? 😄) Once the cab is no longer in motion, and Speedy's is outside, Greg slides out, then holds the door open as you get out. You thank him, and he closes the cab door

You enter Speedy's and slide into a booth. Greg slides in the seat across from you. "So, I guess you know that I like you," Greg says, scratching his chin. You clear your throat out of nervousy. "Yeah. And I suppose you should know that I like you too," you say. Greg smiles and stops scratching his chin. "Good, because otherwise this whole thing would be awkward," he says.

You laugh. "I agree," you say.

A/N
It's my birthday!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃😜😜😜😜😜😜
I am now one year older than I was yesterday!

Try to guess how old I am.
I bet you'll never guess.

Also, the new Prince was born today! On my birthday!! So it's extra special! If it's your birthday too, let me know in the comments!

Sorry for lagging. I suck at managing my time. Anyways, I love you guys so much!

--Juju😘😘😘