Chapter 23

Today is the day I get out of the hospital and the day I go dress shopping. I'm so excited. The wedding is in three days and the whole pack is excited. The weird part about the wedding is that a bunch of different packs are coming to see our marriage because, 'we are the Silver Blood pack,' at least that's what my dad keeps telling me.

According to my mother though, I'm not aloud to have a white dress because I'm not the Virgin Mary. Which is fine with me because I've always wanted a steampunk wedding. The only bad thing about the wedding is Nick and I can't see each other for the next three days.

When Riley, Katie, my mother, Nick's mother, and I arrived at the dress store, we were instantly greeted by an employee. I was asked a billion questions about the dress I wanted and then I had to try on three different dresses. The first dress was an olden style dress. It was just like the dresses the women wore in the 1800s, but the whole thing was white.

The second dress was something that a hooker would wear in the olden days only it was a bunch of different gray colors. The third dress on the other hand, was an olden show girl dress that was different shades of black and grey. When I walked out of the changing room, my mother instantly said it was the one.

After buying the dress, we went and bought a tiny top hat with a black vail, fishnet stockings, and a pair of heels. When we got back to the pack house, I was rushed into my old room, which enabled me to do anything but sit on my bed and be bored. I didn't even realize that I had my phone with me until I heard it ring.

"Hello?" I asked, not bothering to read the caller ID.

"Hey, beautiful." I heard Nick say.

"How's my sexy beast doing?"

"Bored. I have some girls I can fuck until the wedding with me, but other than that, bored."

"You dick! You have the nerve to do that right after you ask me to marry you! That's it I'm calling-"

"I was kidding babe. There is no way I would even try to sleep with anyone else because none of them would even compare too your beauty. Not to mention sexiness."

"Very flattering." I sarcastically told him.

"Aw, come on babe, please forgive me. The wedding is in three days, and I don't know if I can have fun at my bachelor party if I know you're mad at me."

"You know you're a dick, right?"

"Yes, I'm a dick. Can you forgive me, please?"

"Say 'Alex Carter is the sexiest and best mate/wife ever.'"

"Fine. Alex Carter is the sexiest and best mate/wife ever. Will you forgive me now?"

"I forgive you."

"I have to go soon we're buying my tux today."

"Mmm, I can't wait to see you in a tux. Sexy."

"Well, of coarse I'm gonna look sexy in a tux. Have you seen these abs?"

"Nick, did you seriously just ask me that question?"

"Um, no?"

"That's what I thought. I miss you."

"I miss you, too, babe."

"When are you leaving to get your tux?"

"Two minutes."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Call me later?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. I gotta now, your brothers and our fathers are yelling at me. Love you."

"Love you"

He hung up the phone and I slide down the wall that I was standing next to. I brought my knees up to my chest and held them there. I laid my head on my knees and looked out the window. Clouds were covering the sun and it looked like it was about to rain. It matched the exact mood I was in at the moment.

I turned my head so that I was looking at my knees and closed my eyes. I tried my hardest not to feel alone, but I couldn't help but feel abandoned. All I wanted was to be in his arms, to talk to him, or even to see him. The hole in my heart just kept increasing as I thought about what would happen at his bachelor party. I couldn't stop the tear as it rolled down my cheek.

I got up and walked over to my bed and laid down. I pulled the covers up and over my head and curled up into a ball. Just the thought of not knowing what could happen. I know he wouldn't cheat on me and plus my brothers wouldn't let him. Right?

 "Wake up!" Riley and Katie yell, but I just roll over under the covers.

"Get up you lazy bum!" Riley yells as Katie rips the covers off of me.

"Fine! I'll get up! God, you guys are so annoying sometimes!" I shout.

"But you love us still." Katie said.

"That I do. What time is it anyways?" I asked.

"4:38." Riley read off her phone.

I walk over to my closet and grab the dress I'm wearing tonight and lay it down on my bed. It was a black, skin tight dress. It had one strap on the right shoulder, it was four inches thick. The dress ended a little above mid-thigh.

"If you're wearing that, I'm wearing one of my major partier dresses." Riley told me, Katie nodding in agreement.

"Whatever." I mumbled, picking up my ringing phone and answering it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, Alex. Do you remember me?" A dark voice asked on the other end of the line.

"Who is this?" I asked intently.

"Awe, you don't remember me? How sad." He said, acting hurt.

I checked the caller Id.

UNKNOWN - NO AREA CODE

"Go fuck yourself!" I yelled into the phone.

"Now, now. Is that anyway to talk to you true mate?" The man tsked.

"I already have my true mate, and your not him!" I screamed.

"What's going on?" Riley and Katie asked at the same time.

"Some guy is on the other phone trying to tell me that he's my true mate!" I shouted.

"Tell him to fuck off!" Riley fumed.

"I say we have his number!" Katie shouted.

"Is an unknown number, and I already told him to fuck off." I told them.

"Now Honey Bunches, are you going to talk to me? Or do I have to get rid of those two?" I heard the smirk in his voice when he asked me.

"Who is this? What's your name?" I growled.

"Me? The name's Damon Stark. Alpha Stark to be precise." He laughed evilly and hung up.

I looked at my phone and threw it at the wall. My phone bounced off the wall and onto the bed with no dents or scratches. I growled and punched the wall repeatedly causing a hole about a foot in diameter.

"Who was it?" The girls asked.

"Damon." I growled lowly.

-|-|-|-|-   -|-|-|-|-   -|-|-|-|-   -|-|-|-|-

Yeah! Update! Finally, right?

So, who do you think Damon is? Will he harm Alex? Is he really her mate? Or is he being paid by someone else to do this?

If any of my little wattywolves want to read my other books, I would love it! Even if you only read one. Luv ya <3.