Chapter 24

"What do you mean Damon called you? I thought he went rogue and was killed by the Water Wolf Pack." Katie questioned.

"He was! I thought I had finally gotten rid of him, but no! He just had to come back right before my wedding! And I can't do anything about it! FUCK!" I yelled, kicking the wall.

"What the hell is going on in here!" My father yelled, throwing the door open harshly.

"Oh you know, just stupid girl shit. Like worrying about whether or not my mate might die, being attacked on my wedding day, having my whole pack and mate murdered in in front of me by Damon. Just stupid shit like that." I stated with an attitude, freaking out on the inside.

"Did you just say Damon in that sentence?" He asked.

I burst out in tears and dropped to my knees, holding my head in my hands. Riley and Katie wrapped their arms around me trying to comfort me. My father sat in front of me and pulled me in for a hug as I cried into his chest. He ran his hand up and down my back in a soothing way until the door was slammed open once again. If it was anybody else, I would have made myself look at least a little presentable, but it wasn't just anyone. It was my mate, my other half, my true love, Nick.

"What happened!?" He shouted, running to my side and hugging me while everyone else filed out.

"D-Damon called a-and he said th-that I was his true m-mate and that he w-was going to k-kill Riley and Katie if I-I didn't do wh-what he wanted." I stuttered, gasping for breath.

"Who is Damon?" Nick asked stearnly.

"He's s-supposed to be d-dead. He w-went rogue and w-was killed by the W-Water Wolf Pack."

"How did he call you if he's dead?"

"I d-don't know."

"Ok, I'll go figure this out." He whispered, trying to be calm for my sake.

"No," I mumbled, grabbing his shirt, "Don't leave me."

~Nick's POV~

I looked at her terror filled face and watched as her eyes welled up with tears. Her once strong stature now crumbled and shook with fear. I sighed and picked her up in my arms. I didn't want her to leave my side as much as she didn't want me to leave hers. I may have had a blank expression, but inside I was furious, my wolf fighting to get out and tear off the head of the first rogue we see.

I carried her to my car and drove us to the Pack House. I picked her up once more and walked up to my old bedroom. I placed her on the bed and minklinked my best warriors to meet me in my office. I kissed Alex's forehead and walked next door.

"Alpha." They said in unison, bowing their heads in submission.

"I need you to protect the Luna. Be by her side at all times. When she eats, when she sleeps, everything." I uttered, sitting in the head chair and placing my head in my hands.

"Alpha?" One asked.

"What?" I growled.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's happening to the Luna?"

"Someone wants to take what's mine. Now leave. She's next door sleeping, she's been alone too long already."

"Yes, Alpha."

~Unknown POV~

I watched in anger as my precious mate slept in that ungreatful Alpha's bed. She trusted him so much, even after everything he did to her. It hurts me that she would chose him over me, her real mate. But nevermind that, I always get want I want, and I will get Alex back. I just have to wait until tomorrow night and than we'll be together forever.