chapter three

"I know that she knows that I'm not fond of asking
true or false, it may be, she's still out to get me"

~

chapter three
the monogamy problem

June 29th

Lord's was our usual bar spot.

It was close to all our flat's and we knew all the staff. Wes worked there every weekend, too. So somehow, whenever we went for drinks, we ended up at Lord's.

Sammy was, ironically, the first of us to get drunk, the day of his birthday. My theory was that his girlfriend, Emily, was stressing him out, and he wanted to get pissed to occupy his thoughts.

When I suggested we hit a club, not far from the bar, she threw a damn fit and walked out, telling Sammy to come home when he wasn't going to act like a drunken moron. Sammy tried to follow her, but the guys and I convinced him to let her go.

Wes, Sammy, Al, Dex and I all stumbled off to our favourite nightclub called The Birdcage.

'Man, I hope Em's alright,' Sammy groaned as we neared the scene. It was nearly midnight, and I could feel the thump of the bass from where I was.

'Don't worry 'bout her,' Dex laughed and pushed Sammy foreword. We waited in line for about ten minutes and even greeted the security as we stumbled in.

Dex was a mate who grew up not too far from where I did. Complete player. He was the one who had slept with the most people out of all of us, for sure.

The club was raging on inside; lights flashing, a DJ, the bar wildly popular. Wes and I swapped smirks.

I felt bad for the guys with girlfriends. Wes and Sammy.
None of them got to feel the rush of somebody else touching them, or catching the eyes of some chick across the floor.

I did, however, and I completely relished in it.

An hour in, and I was sitting at the bar with some brunette girl half in my lap, Wes leant across the bench, ordering another round in front of us.

We'd all been having a great time so far, and I had a feeling my night was only getting better.

'Want me to blow you in a stall?' the girl whispered in my ear and blood rushed to my lower region.

'A bit later, maybe? It's my mates birthday love. You can come back to mine after.'

The girl popped out her bottom lip and I swiped my thumb across it. She broke out into a smile. Classic move.

The sexy energy around us was suddenly extinguished when a tall blonde, dressed in tight black jeans walked into Wes' arms, kissing him softly on the mouth. Why the fuck did he invite her?

'Sorry, I'm late,' Taylor yelled to Wes, over the beat of the music, 'Where's Sammy? I brought him a present.'

She held up a golden gift bag and I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Taylor seemed to have noticed me at that and she cocked a brow, her arm around Wes' waist as he downed a drink.

She chose to ignore me, eyeing the girl at my side for a brief moment. It made my heart quicken, at her wandering eyes.

'You look mighty fine tonight, love,' Wes grinned, looking Taylor up and down and holding her hand. There was an awkwardness between the two, Taylor seemed to pull back a bit, when he tried to pull her closer. I wondered what that was about.

She didn't look bad. Her hair was down and straight, the jeans accentuating her arse nicely, I supposed. She had a dark green blouse on. Not the worst thing she could wear. But I much preferred the small black dress the brunette who had her mouth on my neck, was wearing.