chapter twenty two

chapter twenty two
the teasing problem

October 2nd 

'Oh, Harry.'

'What?'

'I mean this in the sweetest way possible, but that is genuinely terrible.'

'It's perfect!'

'It's a mess!'

'It's us.'

Taylor rolled her eyes playfully, looking back at the banana bread, she spun the plate around, assessing my dodgy looking baking product.

We were stood in my flat, in the kitchen when just this morning I'd attempted to create my own banana bread, with vanilla lemon frosting, and it'd clearly not aged well. The icing had somehow sucked up into the bread, and it looked patchy and sort of nasty.

I'd tried to make the best of a bad situation and put chocolate sprinkles on top. It almost made it worse instead.

'Who woulda thought?' Taylor said smiling, licking the tip of her finger where a small bit of icing had gathered, 'Harry Styles... baking me banana bread.'

I shrugged slightly, dragging my finger along the side of the ceramic plate to gather more of my sad frosting. I held it up to her face and Taylor sucked it off. 'Well it's been a month since we started figuring our shit out. I wanted to... commemorate it.'

'Don't you think this is kind of a bad omen,' Taylor chuckled, gesturing to the bread. Cocking a brow at her, Taylor only smiled back at me.
I tickled her belly in response, and she wheezed slightly, trying to capture my hands and stop them.

'Okay, okay! I'll leave it alone. I love it, really,' Taylor grinned, and my face reflected hers. She stood up on her toes, and kissed me for a long while. Slow, and nice.

I cupped her face, letting the cool of my rings press into her cheek. Taylor smiled as we pulled back.

We'd officially been on five whole dates.

I took her for a picnic one time. She wore a floral sundress, I think just to tease me. She knew they were my favourite.

The next time we went bowling, and I won. Because, obviously. Taylor pouted for most of the evening after, which resulted in a very heavy make out session in my car, initiated by yours truly.

After that we went to an escape room, and fuck, our relationship was really tested in there. Taylor was extremely frustrated with my lack of understanding of riddles. "You love riddles, how can you not fucking get them?"
And I was frustrated with Taylor's frustration with me.

We somehow made it out alive, and still were happy to be around the other, after maybe a ten minute break. The "no fighting" thing wasn't that hard. Definitely one of the easiest of the three rules.
And the dates were fun too. Those two didn't even really feel like rules half the time.

And, if I was being honest... I was kind of getting used to the no sex thing.
Which was scary.
I'd been over a month since I'd been laid, and I was really okay with being around Taylor and not having my penis inside her.

It wasn't always easy. Especially when she wore sundresses, or when our make out's got that little bit too hot. But I was alright. Really.

'I, um, I... shit, I gotta go...' I fumbled, digging around for my phone, 'I'm sorry, I've got to meet with a client.'

It was nearly noon, and I was meeting with a huge client. Daughter of an actor. Al was stressing big time, and if I left him on his own for any longer he'd murder me.