19

Samantha

"And then he told me he was sorry and that he hoped I could forgive him and give him another chance," I explain into the phone. I was on a three way call with Natasha and Logan, telling them what happened earlier today with Abel.

"This nigga is really an idiot," Logan says.

"What did you say after that?" Natasha asks me, completely ignoring Logan's comment.

"I told him to leave. He was making me cry at my job, I couldn't handle all of that," I say. I lay back on my bed and play with the locket that Abel gave me, opening it up to look at the pictures of us inside of it. Things were so uncomplicated then and we were both so happy. I don't get why he had to fuck all of that up.

"You better not go back to him Sam," Logan warns. He knows me too well. I've already been thinking about trying to talk it out with Abel.

"It's really hard, Logan. I care about him a lot," I say softly.

"Yeah but it's obvious he doesn't care about you as much as you do! If he did, you guys wouldn't be having this problem right now," Natasha points out. I sigh into the phone and close the locket and put it on my nightstand.

"You guys are right. My feelings are just all out of wack. Seeing him today made them all come back and now I feel like I have to try and get over him all over again."

"Well we will help you through it shorty. That's what friends are for," Logan assures. I smile into the phone even though he can't see it. As I'm about to say something, I hear the doorbell ring and I furrow my eyebrows together while looking at the clock. It's two in the morning, who the hell could it be?

"Hold on, someone's at my door," I say.

"Who's ringing your doorbell at two in morning?" Natasha asks. I quietly creep down the stairs and walk to my front door.

"I don't know, Nat," I say as I approach the door.

"Is your dad home? It's pouring rain outside, don't answer the door Sam. Someone could be trying to fuck with you," Logan warns. I stand on my tip-toes and look through the peephole.

"Uh let me call you guys back," I say. I pull the phone away from my ear and hear them both screaming at me before I hang up. I slowly open the door and hide my body behind it since I'm only wearing a sweater and a pair of underwear.

"Abel?" I say. He's holding a couple of duffle bags on his arm and his clothes are soaked, including his shoes. His eyes are red, but it doesn't look like he's high. He's been crying.

"Look, Sam. I know you hate me so much right now but my mom kicked me out and I got no where to go tonight. I was gonna sleep at the park but it's pouring rain and LaMar's cousin doesn't want me at his house. Can I please crash on your couch tonight? I promise I won't bother you," he says. His teeth are chattering and his whole body is shivering, making me wonder how long he's been out in the rain. I sigh and open the door wider, inviting him to come in. He slowly walks in and slips his wet jacket off. I take it out of his hands and I hang it on the coat rack.

"Come to my room, I still have a few of your clothes for you to wear. I can put all of the stuff you have in your bags in the dryer. You can take a shower if you want," I say softly. He just nods his head and follows me up the stairs to my room.

I dig in my dresser drawers and find a pair of boxers, sweats, and a shirt for him. I hand him the neatly folded clothes and he takes them, thanking me quietly.

"You can use my bathroom to take a shower. Your soap is still in there," I say awkwardly.

"Thank you, Sam," he says. I just nod my head and he turns around to go into the bathroom.