Chapter 16: Rumors

Mulder's POV

  I took Samantha home so she could shower and change before we go back to school. Her face was red with anger. I hadn't seen her like this in years. Luckily my mom wasn't home so we wouldn't have to have a life long discussion about what happened. I waited for Sam in the kitchen looking around for some food. I felt my phone buzz a few times in my pocket. I took it out and saw that I had a snapchat from someone at school. I opened my phone and looked at snapchat. I clicked on the first video, and I saw I video of Bella dumping Sam's food on her head. It was close so it must've been taken by one of her friends. The caption said "pay back" with a purple devil emoji.

  I exited out of the video and clicked on the next one. This one must've been taken after I'd left with Sam because I'd never seen it. It was a video of Scully and Bella. She looked mad. She said a lot of things. I watched Bella take a a tray of food out of her friend's hands and dump it in Scully's head. I watched her eyes go cold. Then the video stopped. I clicked on the next video and watched it. It started a few seconds after Bella dumped food on Scully. Scully basically jumped towards Bella. Bella jumped back and I saw someone grab Scully from behind. The camera followed Scully as she squirmed.

  I looked closely at the video to see who had grabbed Scully. Then I saw his face. John Doggett. So many memories came flooding back into my mind. I remember how we used to be best friends when we were younger. We were close. But then middle school started. He found a new group of friends to hang with. The only person I specifically remember was a girl named Monica Reyes. She was a nice person, but I felt hurt that I didn't have my best friend anymore.

  A wave of jealously washed over me when I saw Scully in John's arms. Granted, it wasn't anything special, but I don't know why it made me jealous. Scully and I were just friends.

I was pulled out of my phone by Sam's voice. "Ready to go?" She asked.

I looked up at Sam. Her hair was somehow completely dry. Her hair was naturally straight. It still went fell below her waist. Her face was free of makeup, but her bright hazel eyes stood out from her long, dark, thick eyelashes. I didn't understand why she ever wore makeup. She didn't need it. I didn't understand why any girl wore makeup, it seemed liked too much work and a waste of time.

She was wearing long sleeve black shirt that was completely off the shoulder. It was slightly cropped, and the sleeves went over her hands, but there were holes for her thumbs. She was wearing black ripped jeans. I looked down at her shoes. She was wearing black heeled combat boots. I tilted my head.

"Why are you wearing a long sleeve black shirt and black jeans? You'll burn up." I said looking at my phone.

Sam rolled her eyes and walked over to the fridge. She opened it grabbed a sandwich. "Let's go." She said walking out the door.

I followed her. She and I got into my car and started driving back to school. She ate her sandwich in the car. We drove in silence all the way to school. Right as I pulled into an available parking spot, I heard the bell ring. That meant Sam and I had five minutes to get to class.

We jogged inside and ducked passed the attendance office. "Do you want me drive you home, or do you want to ride the bus home?" I asked.

"I'll ride the bus home so you can have some alone time with your girlfriend." Sam said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Dana. You obviously like her."

"Of course I like her, she's my friend."

Sam raised her eyebrow and scoffed. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Please. We both know that that's BS. You like like like her." Sam said in a dreamy voice.