Chapter 3: My First Friend, My First Love

Momo's POV

We were just walking side-by-side when I got an idea.

"Hey Shouto?" I called him.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering, Since I'm going home, why don't you come with me?" I pointed out.

"Are you sure it'll be fine?" He asked.

"No no, Its fine." I reassured him. "Come on!" Without second thoughts, I grabbed his wrist and dashed to my house.

Prince Shouto's POV

She grabbed my wrist. Not harshly, but gently. The sudden touch made me cringe. "Don't you dare burn up! Shouto! Don't you dare!" I muttered to myself while being dragged by the lovely young lady in front of me.

We ran and ran until we came to a stop and she released my wrist. How I wished that moment last long.

"We're here!" Her voice squealed in excitement.

She went to the door and knocked it, seconds past and it was answered by a woman with also black hair like hers, she was around 40s I think.

"Hey Mom!" Momo greeted, so this was her mom.

"Oh Momo! Where have you been? What took you so long? Did you sneaked away again and train?" Her mom raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry if I took long mom. Oh! By the way, here's the Red Velvet Cupcakes you asked me to buy, here's the change as well." Momo handed her mom the cupcakes and the change.

"Thanks Momo!" Momo's mom smiled brighly until she noticed me.

"So, who is this handsome young man?" She asked smiling, but soon got replaced by a smirk.

"Is he your boyfriend?" My cheeks flushed with the sudden question. I could even see Momo's flustered face too.

"N-no Mom! He's just a friend!" She said frantically.

"Haha! I'm just kidding Momo dear! Come in!" Momo's mom invited us inside. Well, since this is Momo's house, I guess, I am the one who's being invited. Me and Momo got in.

"I'll prepare green tea! Be right back!" With that, Momo left us and went to the kitchen. Then Momo's mom spoke.

"No need to hide yourself sir." I was surprised with her words and I don't know what to do.

"Uh? What do you mean?" I asked her raising my eyebrows.

"You're Prince Shouto Todoroki, Am I right?" She stated. I just remained silent as I removed my hat.

"H-how d-did you k-know?" I asked her while stuttering.

"Well, I ready knew your face, you know why? Because my husband was a former knight." She told me.

"Mr. Yaoyorozu! I'm so sorry for your lost." I said as I looked down.

"No no its okay, he died while fighting. That was his wish, he rather die fighting." She informed me with a smile.

"Oh." I said as I smiled back whe Momo came with 3 cups and a tea pot. She set it down to the small table at the middle and started pouring some tea.

"Why didn't you tell me you were with the prince? Uh? Momo?" Her mother asked her, smirking again.

She got suprised as the tea pot slipped away from her hand, luckily, she caught it on time.

"Well, we unexpectedly met in the bake shop!" She said.