Chapter 8: Victories and Defeats

Prince Shouto's POV

The tournament was beyond intense, battles and matches. But aside from the breath-taking matches, I was still captivated by a certain raven-haired girl.

"Hmmm??? Thinking about Momo? Uhh???" Fuyumi startled me with a sudden question, she was smirking at me.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Don't you dare deny Shouto!" She raised a finger in front of me while chuckling.

Princess Fuyumi's POV

"Don't you dare deny Shouto!" I raised a finger in front of him while chuckling.

He looked away, obviously hiding his blush. I let out a sigh. "Love birds!" I muttered.

"What did you say?" Shouto asked me while glaring. But, there was a pink tint on his cheeks.

"Nothing!~~" I said teasing him only to be answered by a "tch!" By him.

I once again faced the stadium and they were now announcing the next match for the second round.

Momo's POV

To be honest, the matches and battles were breath taking and exquisite. Ashido made it to the next round as well as Bakugo and Kirishima. But unfortunately the others were not good enough.

My next battle is against Tokoyami, yes, I forgot to mention him. He's one of my neighbors, and his quirk is Dark Shadow.

I got the first match this time. Better get ready.

I stood in the entrance to field as I took a deep breath.

"Alright! Competitors! Enter the field!" Midnight's voice came as we entered the battle field.

There he is, Tokoyami! Standing just meters in front of me.

"Alright! Here we are! The 3rd part of the tournament! THE 2ND ROUND OF THE HEAD ON BATTLES!" Present Mic stated as cheers continued.

"On the right side is Momo! Yaoyorozu! And on the left side is Fumikage Tokoyami!" Present Mic said.

Tokoyami has Dark shadow, it is capable of both offense and defense.

If I can't make a plan to defeat him right away. This battle will be over in a matter of seconds.

"WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!" Midnight yelled as she raised her hand.

"LET THE MATCH! BEGIN!" She said the queue as she dropped her hand.

Author's POV

The match finally started and Tokoyami was the first one to attack.

"Dark Shadow! GO!" he yelled as a black shadow bird came from his stomach, Dark Shadow.

Momo on the other hand got startled a bit but still on perfect concentration.

Momo's POV

Dark shadow attacked first. "Quickly! A shield!" I thought and with that, I immediately used my quirk to create a shield only recieving such powerful impact.

The attack stopped for a moment, I took this time to create a staff but out of no where, Dark Shadow attacked me once again.

"Crap!" I shielded as I looked at Dark Shadow fiercely, but instantly replaced by a confused look as Dark Shadow stopped attacking completely.

"The attacks stopped! Now's my chance!" I stood up and used my quirk to create a staff but a sudden voice made my heart shatter into pieces.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! Tokoyami claims the match!" Midnight said. I looked at where I am stepping at and...I didn't noticed I was already out of the ring!