Chapter Twenty-Four

Aija's POV
    Numb. That's how I'm feeling now and that's how I've been feeling for the past few days. After Jayceon passed out from the pain and blood loss the ambulance arrived and placed him on the stretcher and took him to the hospital. The crew and I all followed the ambulance to the hospital where we spent hours waiting on them to tell us something about Jayceon. I was such a wreck that I had to call Mr.Darnell and Mrs.Juliette to come and get Ava and the baby. Tyler suggested that while we were in the hospital that we should have the DNA tests done on the baby. So a nurse swabbed the babies mouth and went inform the doctor that they needed a saliva swab on Jayceon done.

    We were in the hospital for four hours before we seen a doctor that came to inform us on Jayceon. When the doctor came I just continued to pray that he was okay, however the news that the doctor delivered changed my life forever. He informed us that Jayceon had died on the operation table, but they were able to bring him back. However, he flat lined again and this time they weren't able to revive him again. My whole world came crashing down when I was told that the love of my life won't ever be able to hold me again, or kiss me, or spend time with his children. He didn't even know that I was pregnant or if Erika's baby was truly his.

    Ever since I got the news that Jayceon died I haven't been the same. I haven't showered, eaten, or even spent time with the children. The results came in from the hospital earlier today but I didn't even get a chance to look at it because today is Jayceon's funeral. All throughout the funeral I cried into Mrs.Mabel's neck as I held Ava and Erika's baby. After the funeral we went to the cemetery and buried him. I didn't feel like participating in the repast so I went upstairs into our room and laid down.

    I laid the kids down on the bed and got on side of them. When I looked at the bedside tabe I seen a picture frame that held a picture of Jayceon, Ava, and I when we went to the park when Jayceon and I first met. I sighed and turned away from the picture but then I remembered about the results from the hospital and I got up and grabbed it from the dresser. I opened the envelope and read the letter.

   Jayceon Jamal Daniel is 99.9 % the father of one month old Jayceon Jamal Daniel Jr.

   I sat the letter down and sat on the bed. It's his. The baby is his. I knew that I was going to take care of this baby and I was going to love him as much as I love Ava and my unborn child. I wasn't going to treat him any differently than I'll treat my other children. I realized that I never made an appointment for my own child so I called my OBGYN and make an appointment for tomorrow. I went into the bathroom and changed into a tank top and shorts before I got under the covers with the kids and went to sleep.

The next morning   
    I woke up to my alarm blaring. I turned and hit the button before I got up stretching as I walked towards the bathroom. I got into the shower and washed up before I got out and dried off. I pulled on a bra and pantie set before I rubbed my body with watermelon scented lotion. I went to the closet and looked for something to wear. I decided on a black hoodie, dark blue jean pants, and black uggs since it's getting chilly outside. I pulled my hair into a sleek ponytail and decided to go make up free. I grabbed JJ and placed him in his bath tub that had a blooming bath lotus inside it and bathed him. For a month old baby he really enjoys baths, he always looks around as if he's so fascinated with what's going on.

    I got him out and dried him off before rubbing baby lotion all over his little body, put his diaper on, and then dressing him in a white long sleeves onsie, black sweatpants, black socks, and a black beanie. I made a bottle for him and fed him before I burped him and put him in Ava's swinger. I woke Ava up and did the same thing that I did for JJ and myself before dessing her in a black hoodie, light pink jeans, black shoes, and a black headband on her head. I laid her edges down and I was done. I grabbed them both before going downstairs and making Ava and I breakfast. As we ate I kept reliving memories of Jayceon and I. I'm probably going to have to move out of here because I'll keep getting memories that we've made all over this house and I'll continue to be sad.