Chapter Thirty

Jayceon's POV
    I watched as Aija pulled off and smiled before I went upstairs and helped the kids get ready for bed. After they bathed I went in my room and showered before throwing on basketball shorts and going check on the kids. I went to JJ's room first and seen him sleeping so I cut the light off and left a crack in the door.

    I went to Jayvion's room and he was watching TV.

    "Hey buddy, it's time to go to bed." I told him while turning the TV off.

    "Fine." He mumbled as he dragged the covers over his body and looked at me. I leaned down and kissed his forehead, "Goodnight buddy. I love you."

    "Goodnight." He said turning over.

    I was leaving the room when I heard his little voice cry out.

    "I love you daddy."

    I froze in place and stared at the door. I smiled and turned towards him, "I love you more Jay." I turned his nightlight on and left the room leaving the door open.

    I walked to Ava's room and she was at her mirror brushing her hair.

    "Baby it's time for bed." I told her. She nodded and skipped to bed.

    "Daddy can you read me a book?" She asked.

    I nodded and walked to her book shelf, "What book?"

    She shrugged and I turned and grabbed a random book. I dragged her chair by her bed and sat down in it.

    "You ready?" I asked. She nodded and I began reading Junie B. Jones Is Almost A Flower Girl.

    As I finished the last sentence of the second chapter I glanced at Ava and noticed that she was asleep with a small smile on her face. I closed the book and leaned down to kiss her forehead. I put the book back on the shelf before I headed towards her door.

    "I love you daddy. Goodnight." She mumbled hugging her teddy bear that I got her years ago when I first met her and Aija.

    "I love you more princess. Night." I left her room and turn the light off before heading towards my room. I grabbed my phone and noticed that it was almost ten o'clock and Aija wasn't back yet. I called her phone and it rang before it went to voicemail. I hung up and walked downstairs and glanced out the windows to see if she was pullin' up or not. I didn't see her so I tried calling her again and I still didn't get an answer. She should've been back by now she left at nine o'clock and she only lives like fifteen minutes away from me.

    I called Mia's phone and it rang two times before she answered.

    "Hello?" She answered tiredly.

    "Hey, I didn't mean to call late. I just wanted you to come watch the kids 'cause I need to go to Aija's house and check on her." I explained.

    "Isn't Aija over there? I let her in earlier." She stated.

    "She was but she left to go home and get the kids some clothes for school tomorrow and her something to wear 'cause she was sleepin' over." I glanced out the window again.

    "Hold on Jay-Jay Mel's callin'." She said before the phone went mute.

    I sigh. This is more important than some bullshit that Mel's about to tell her. They're most likely going to gossip. As I was about to hang up I heard Mia's voice and she was yelling and seemed very frantic.

    "Jayceon! Jayceon! You need to get to the hospital right now! Aija's been hurt. We'll meet you there." She yelled before hanging up. When she told me that I froze but imagining my baby hurt I jumped into action. I ran upstairs and told the boys put their shoes on while I slipped Ava's night slippers on before picking her up and carrying her downstairs. The boys were waiting on me so we hopped in the car and I speed off to the hospital. As I was on my way there I called Aija's parents and they said they'd meet me there.