Party On!

Chapter 2: Party On!

On a Friday morning, RJ and Tuesday were walking together towards the streetcar. Topaz will follow them shortly. RJ admires the streetcar before she sits next to Tuesday near the window.

"So, this what is feels like to be in a public transportation." RJ mutters in awe.

"First time in without being swarmed by fans?" Tuesday asked, and RJ nodded with a smile.

As the streetcar stopped, the two girls get out and walked over to the school. RJ saw her classmates doing their own routines as they were excited about Friday night. They reach to the school and entered, they went to their lockers to get their books. As they headed towards Mr. Langhorne class, the two girls stopped and saw Brandy walking up to them.

"There you two are." Brandy said.

RJ and Tuesday stops walking when she came in front of them. "Is there something you need, Brandy?" RJ asked politely.

"Do you two have plans for tonight?" Brandy asked them.

RJ and Tuesday glanced at each other before at Brandy. "Well, we were-" RJ didn't finished when Brandy butts in.

"Good, you two are invited to my party tonight." She said.

Tuesday glanced at RJ and then to Brandy. "Brandy, you barely know her and you're afraid of me."

"I know, but you two are known to be in Barrage's favorites, so I want you two to be in my party tonight."

RJ and Tuesday looked at each other with a shrug befits facing Brandy. "Um...okay. I guess."

Brandy smiles. "Great, see you tonight." She said happily before walking towards class. RJ and Tuesday walk inside Mr. Langhorne's classroom as he started to explain about his lesson. RJ and Tuesday were paying attention while others minus Lee talked about Brandy's party. Once class was over, they headed towards math class. Mrs. Ping gave them problems to solve and some were paying attention. RJ was taking down notes while Tuesday doodles about. Once math class was over, everyone was heading towards the cafeteria. RJ stayed behind to fix her things while Tuesday waits for her. Mrs. Ping walked over to RJ and said.

"Hello, Ms. Simpson, I checked your test results in your math homework." Mrs. Ping nodded in approval, "You have the highest score like my son and the Mathletes."

RJ smiles, "Thanks Mrs. Ping, your teaching skills are amazing when it comes in to math."

Mrs. Ping giggles at her complement. "Thank you, so what are you going to do tonight?" She asked.

RJ nodded, "Me and Tuesday were invited to a party...sort of. Do you have plans, Mrs. Ping?"

"My husband and I are going to see the opera tonight while Lee is grounded at home for doing that prank." Mrs. Ping said a bit mad, remembering the big prank few days ago.

RJ felt sorry for Lee, she remembers Mrs. Ping is always strict and everything must be in order. RJ and Lee were close friends and she would always help him whenever his mom scolds him for doing something bad, she would make innocent excuses to Mrs. Ping and bales Lee out off her watch, and she will do it again.

"Really? He's not allowed." RJ looks at Mrs. Ping with a hint of sadness.

"He's still grounded, I don't trust him going out with his friends." Mrs. Ping looks at RJ and asked. "Why do you want Lee to go to that party?"

And that was the bait.

RJ knew she was going asked that question, so answering politely, RJ uses her cunning mind to make a great excuse to let Lee go to the party. "Mrs. Ping, not that I want to be rude with your judgement, but you can't always make Lee stay at home too long."