06

CHANYEOL, sunmi and his team, were sitting on the steel bleachers at the free court early at twelve. sunmi sat into the furthest seat up above them where she watched chanyeol and his members converse discreetly.

chanyeol would send her smiles from time to time. to be honest, that does not make her feel any better about this silly friday game her boyfriend and her ex have come agreeing into. she was a bit upset about the idea of baro actually winning the game.

all of the unpleasantness she felt turned into a grimace as she saw him coming over.

baro and the boys strode into the court and approached chanyeol's team for some talk. sunmi held her gaze for several seconds, sharp second. blinked. baro glanced at her with an attempt smile but was left disappointed when sunmi turned away, displeased.

chanyeol stood tall and shot baro a look that convinced him to know that he is a vainglorious pain-in-the-ass rival. his mind raced with doubt about this game.

"heads up!" baro caught the ball that chanyeol rudely brief tossed to him in a chest-pass. chanyeol could say baro's reflex ain't that bad and was sure played basketball in his youth.

"i thought your too chicken to go through my challenge" chanyeol smirked, laughing at his own jest.

"god, this is so unpleasant," hani sighed in distaste, "we ended up dragging a complete stranger, too."

"who is he again?" moonbyul whispered as she pointed to the unfamiliar face in baro's group.

"i think he's called ilhoon," hani answered, but then cut the topic off by leading moonbyul to the bleachers opposite to where chanyeol's team stayed.

"this better be fair or else," moonbyul hoped under her breath loud enough for hani to hear.

"i didn't know we're up against a bunch of tall and hunk people." hani sighed again in disappointment as she gazed over chanyeol and few of his tall team members.

both teams warmed up and positioned themselves at each half court. in the last few minutes, baro's confidence had continue to spiral downward. he was grateful to recruit ilhoon-sandeul's coworker-to engage in their stupid negotiation with chanyeol and ilhoon somehow save him from his worries. just a bit.

"seriously though, i haven't play basketball for ages," ken spoke up, stretching his arms and tied his bangs with a rubber that stood up from his head like a sprouting grass.

"you looked awesome-ly stupid with that hairstyle" sandeul pointed at his head with his signature smile.

then jin had to deal with sandeul to start warming up and picked the spare ball on the ground and start dribbling.

"oh, you're awful," sandeul laughed along with ken.

"i'm still trying you faggot. its not like you two are great at sports either," jin irritatedly retorted and continue to dribble, a less awkward this time.

"oh just watch us soon," sandeul smiled as he watched jin.

baro had to call them up, in which he asked ilhoon to set their own responsibilities in the court. ilhoon was clearly much more knowledgeable at such game, and all the more he surely knows how to at least not flunk them in a terrible way.