09

SEULGI tried to distract herself. she stared at the text of her book, but really thinking-raking her thoughts off about her concern and stop eating one's heart out. pushing herself to sit up against the wall, so gently; not to arouse ken from his sleep beside her.

he must've been tired since they just came back from florida two days after christmas. ken headed straight to her apartment and spent the night with her, listening heartily to his awesome witness of florida and how ken wished she was there to enjoy it too.

she felt a sense of relief-satisfied; that seulgi could have him again. the fact that she declined his offer to come with his friends stay a question that awaits to be answered.

everytime seulgi came together with his squad, it always felt like something-or someone-meant to ruin her mood. despite they treat her virtuously, there is something that dominates she could not pinpoint. as if her relationship with ken were on the rocks or whatever. perhaps, she recognize it but don't want to note.

which is why, spending christmas with her family was a prudent choice rather than to dip with his group.

seulgi closed her book and put it aside. she would give ken a gentle stroke on his hair each time he shifts. she smiled; at this rate, ken would likely to wake at near noon.

afterwards, seulgi decided to make meals. then showered and put on a lively tangerine casual dress she prepared. she sat on the couch and switched her phone on to visit her instagram. scrolling a little more, seulgi had to pause to see the photos jin posted at the beach.

there were nine photos, seulgi giggled, in seeing ken with the boys posing ridiculously. her smile turned directly into a frown when she watched a video that rings a bell.

repeatedly, she blinked. the video revealed moonbyul splashing hani with water while their laughter fills the audio. then ken shows up behind hani, purposely pinching her cheeks that later on carried hani up to his shoulders and back.

"stop!" hani holllered. "put me down, ken!"

"ken, you cheater! stay away from hani, and face your punishment!" baro called out, as the camera now focused to him and sandeul, making sand cannons ready to throw.

"sandeul! don't you dare hit me!" too late, hani came face-to-face with all the sand's glorious spurt.

the squad breaks up completely, laughing into a crying fit. ken immediately helped her get rid of the mess, feeling sorry as he wrapped his arms around her playfully.

"ha-ning-ning, i'm so sorry."

that triggered seulgi's mood and spoiled her day. it was blurred, seulgi was blinded with jealousy. and it dawned to her that "the thing" that was trying to hit them rock bottom was a person. and that person was hani all along.

blue in the face, she dropped her phone and went back to her room. ken woke up to the sound of seulgi opening the door.

"where you going?" he mumbled lousily.

ken watched her take her book with heavy steps.

"i made brunch," seulgi uttered prickly and leave the room open.

🍱

KEN was clueless as his eyes shifted sneakily to seulgi who was reading the book she picked up earlier. with each precise shoving of food inside his mouth, and at chewing motion his jaw made, he wondered hard with each tiny cell of his brain: what happened?

ken thought hard. the only possibility so far that he could come up with was that seulgi had issue with work, or anything else and that she was also on her period.

but those typical guesses dissolved into nothingness as he watched her sigh heavily with a grimace on her face. seulgi aggressively placed the book away and replaced her once-comfortable posture with a more problematic slouch against the armrest of the sofa.

ken was picking it up: this is something more than just what he could guess.

cleaning up afterwards, he rushed over to her side and tried to lighten up the mood firsthand with a huge puppy face.

"hey, babe. what's wrong? why the face?" ken asked in a tiny voice while he lovingly pulled her into his arms.

seulgi hesitated the gesture and pulled herself away from him; completely removing herself from his reach and stood angrily by the window.

ken awkwardly followed after her, but then was thrown off as seulgi screeched at him. "get away from me!"

he stood there, staring blankly.

"seulgi..." ken warily started to speak, "what did i do?"

ken gazed at her still; seulgi was now holding back something inside herself. her face swelled red, and her eyebrows met furiously in between.

"stay away from hani," seulgi suddenly uttered aloud.

"what about hani-?"

ken was about to question her a lot of things but seulgi was having none of it as she faced him.

"stay away from hani or this relationship ends!" she screamed this time.

"why would i do that? hani's my best friend," ken told her in defense. "what did she do to you? did you two fight?"

"ken, i don't like how she's around you so much!" seulgi yelled back. "you're always with her and i hate it so much! you're always flirting behind my back with her!"

"are... are you jealous with her?"

seulgi's face scrunched up in affirmation and made way for her room. as if ken still needed an answer, his eyes followed her in suspicion.

"if you like your best friend that much and not me, then we'll have no problem ending this now, do we?" seulgi laughed sarcastically."

"seulgi, why would you even be jealous of hani? you're my girlfriend, she's my best friend and you're two different things but i can't lose both of you!" he spoke as he followed after her to make reason. "and hani's been there for me as a friend that she is to me! and so do you!"

"no, ken! i don't want to share you with anyone! can't you see that she's ending our relationship just by being around you?!" seulgi started to cry in front of him. "you even call her that stupid nickname!"

"hani would never do that! seulgi, come on, this is childish-"

"no! i hate you! i hate you so much!" seulgi screamed at him. "get out! we're through!"

she began pushing him away towards the door forcefully.

"seulgi, please you can't just end this out of jealousy. don't say that." ken pushed back her slim arms to prevent her from ridding him out.

"we're through, ken. it's too late. you want your friends more than me and it's crystal clear that you don't love me enough to let your friends go," seulgi cried.

seulgi opened the door, revealing the cold hallway and the outside snow that awaited ken if ever he was to leave the complex.

"bye, ken," seulgi uttered for one last time as she slammed his luggage before him, and closed the door with an unfamiliar strength.

🍝

-agatha, mique