Prologue

My first memories are being told that I won't live long, that I most likely won't reach the age 20. Because that's the curse of every specialist child born in our family.

They remind me this fact almost every second of my life, at some point I remember asking my grandfather

"Is Llui only one that's dies?"

He said no, that everyone dies at some point so I said

"Why is Llui's end so special?"

Since then they stopped reminding me of my impending doom.

I don't understand why they felt the need to constantly remind me of something they will also suffer; I don't understand what's so wrong of something so natural. Why fear death? Well that's something a three year old shouldn't be asking, honestly despite being told that my death is assured I never understand what death is.

What would it feel like? How will I die? Do my senses fail one by one or all at once?

The questions just kept coming that I was so interested of death, but experiments aren't my thing so I told myself

"I'll just wait for my death. Grandpa did say that to expect my death to come soon."

And I was content with that... Until

I committed my first crime

At age 4...

I killed my first love

I remembered brushing golden locks from the bleeding head that rested on my lap; I didn't even mind the blood that is literally everywhere I was just enjoying the little gift I got myself for my fourth birthday. I remembered running down the hallway to my grandfather shouting.

"Grandpa! Grandpa! Lookie what Llui's gift!"

I didn't understand the severity of what I've done, I ignored all the horrified faces of the staff, I ignored how much bloody mess I was making, I didn't know how horrible my deed was, didn't know how proud I made papa or how happy mama was. At that very moment I didn't care about anything, but showing the greatest thing I could ever get to my favorite grandfather.

"Lookie Yuu-chan's head!" I gleefully said

"Yuu-chan could visit family and work, and Llui could see Yuu-chan's face." I said with a sickly happy voice I would hate hearing in my haunted dreams a decade later.

They asked me how I got the head.

"Llui took Yuu-chan's head off with axe!" I gave them an almost love sick smile as I hugged the severed head closer and tighter against my neck.

Then grandfather explained that this is how death works, you stop functioning, stop existing and then just slowly rot. That was the time I realize something a child of age 4 shouldn't be thinking, but I guess most of you also have the same desire as mine.

"I don't want to die."