2.26

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

  Queenie was walking through the house, looking for a familiar face to talk to

Queenie was walking through the house, looking for a familiar face to talk to. She ended up bumping right into someone, only to see that it was her father, "Dad?" Queenie frowned in confusion.

"Oh, hey, Queenie." FP greeted her with a small smile. His smile turned into a frown when he saw where she was exactly, "Do you really think you should be here?" He asked her, reffering to her being pregnant

"Like you can talk." She remarked under her breath, but FP heard her. He knew she was clearly referring to him being around alcohol not being a good idea because he was an alcoholic.

"What was that?" He asked her, knowing she wasn't going to be able to answer.

"Nothing." She replied before she walked off without another word said.

Later on that night, Queenie was heading to the bathroom when she heard FP's voice. She peaked her head into Archie's room to see that FP was in the middle of talking with Joaquin. She stood to the side and began to eavesdrop.

"You're the last person I expected to see at my son's birthday party," FP told Joaquin as he paced around the room.

"Just doing my job, keeping my ear to the ground," Joaquin replied, but FP didn't seem to believe him much. Queenie wondered, what was this 'job' Joaquin talked about?

"Yeah, with your tongue in the Sheriff's kid's mouth," FP retorted and Joaquin looked down at the ground, embarrassed, "Did you hear anything interesting?" FP asked him curiously.

"Actually yeah," Joaquin answered, "Hiram Lodge's daughter is here, she said something about father being connected to Jason's murder." He informed him and FP seemed shocked by this reveal.

"That's not good," FP stated quietly, "Hiram and I had some business. What does your boyfriend say?"

"His father, you mean?" Joaquin corrected him and FP just nodded his head, "I'll find out."

"Yeah, you better," FP insisted, "These kids are more on the ball than the sheriff. Let's go."

Before they exited Archie's bedroom, Queenie quickly made her way back downstairs, not even bothering to use the bathroom.

____

Queenie was in the kitchen with Joaquin and FP when Jughead suddenly entered, seeming as if he was in a hurry.

"Jughead, hey." Ethel greeted Jughead with a small smile.

"Hey, Ethel." Jughead replied quickly before looking over at Queenie, "Queenie, want to get out of here?" He asked and Queenie walked over to him, ready to leave with her brother without hesitation.

"Wait, you didn't have a piece of cake, it's bad luck," Ethel spoke up, holding up a plate that had a slice of cake on it.

"No, this whole night is bad luck," Jughead commented as Queenie frowned in confusion, FP seemed to have the same exact reaction, "I'm leaving. See you at school. Let's go, Queenie."