3.11

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER ELEVEN

    Queenie and Sweet Pea drove in the same truck to the bridge as they drove, Sweet Pea glanced over at Queenie to see her lifting up her hand

   From the corner of his eye, he watched as she eyed her hand. His eyes widened when he saw that there was no longer a ring on her hand, "Where's Jason's ring?" He spoke up confused.

  "Took it off, it's back at the trailer," She replied and instantly noticed the concerned look Sweet Pea was giving. She let out a sigh, "Relax, not a big deal, Sweets. My hands were swelling a bit, had to take it off." She lied to him and Sweet Pea nodded.

   Everyone else seemed to be able to believe Queenie when she lied, but not Sweet Pea. He instantly knew she was lying to him, but decided not to question her decision on taking off the ring.

   Once getting to the bridge, the Serpents began to get off their bikes and exit their trucks while the Northsiders got out of their cars. Once parking his car, Sweet Pea turned to Queenie.

   She instantly scooted closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Mind getting back to me in one piece?" She suggested and Sweet Pea smiled as Queenie kissed him roughly. It ended up turning into a mini-makeout session, which lead to Fangs banging on the window.

  "Get a room!" He shouted out as he and the Serpents began to laugh at them. Queenie rolled her eyes as she flipped her friend off.

  Queenie turned to Sweet Pea and smiled, "One more thing before you go," She told him, gaining all of Sweet Pea's attention, "Make sure Archie suffers the most." She insisted and Sweet Pea nodded.

  "Gladly." He replied before he exited the truck and made his way over to the rest of the Serpents. Queenie got out of Sweet Pea's truck, too, and stood in between his truck and one of the Serpent's motorcycles.

  It was pouring outside, thunder crackling here and there as the two sides walked toward each other, Archie leading the Bulldogs and Sweet Pea leading the Serpents for Queenie. Sweet Pea adjusted his jacket a bit before he and the other Serpents moved forward.

  Archie and Sweet Pea stood head to head, glaring at each other. Finally, Archie threw the first punch, throwing a punch straight to Sweet Pea's cheek. As Archie's fist impacted with Sweet Pea's cheek, blood spilled from his mouth as he took the hard hit. Sweet Pea fell to the ground a moment after, but got back up, ready to fight Archie one on one.

  Soon enough, a full-on rumble occurred between both sides. The Serpents and Bulldogs collided with each other as they began to fight. Queenie watched intently, her eyes darting around to each of her Southside friends as they kicked the crap out of the Bulldogs. Some of the Bulldogs got in their face share of punches, but it was clear the Serpents were besting them.

  Sweet Pea ended up punching Archie in the face, which caused him to hit the ground. Archie let out a laugh as he saw that Sweet Pea's eyes were locked on Queenie basically the whole time. It was clear that Sweet Pea was doing this all for her and Archie knew that, "You're really doing this to prove a point to her? Of all people? Her?" Archie questioned him and Sweet Pea angrily gritted his teeth, sending a kick to Archie's stomach.

  "Shut up!" Sweet Pea growled angrily as he kicked him once more.

Archie groaned in pain as he got back up to his feet, "You really think she cares for you? She's just using you as a rebound after losing Jason. And even if she does care for you, which is highly unlikely, she'll never care for you like she cares for Jason. You know it!" Sweet Pea honestly didn't know why Archie was telling him this and Sweet Pea sure as hell knew he wasn't actually going to believe him.

  Just as Sweet Pea was going to punch Archie once again, someone pulled him away. Confused, Sweet Pea turned his head to see that it was Queenie.

   "Queenie, what are you--" Sweet Pea began to ask, but before he could finish his sentence, Queenie had already punched Archie in the face.

  Once Archie was on the ground, Queenie began to repeatedly kick him. Sweet Pea seemed impressed by Queenie doing this. What Sweet Pea didn't know was with every kick sent to Archie's stomach, Queenie kept getting flashes of back when she was held captive in the Wyrm.

   As she went to send another kick, a gunshot was heard. Queenie instantly looked up to see that it was Veronica, pointing a gun upwards to the sky.

   It took Queenie a moment to finally speak up, "Let's go! Now!" She shouted to the Serpents, who instantly obeyed. Sweet Pea grabbed Queenie by the hand and led her to the truck.

_______

    Both Queenie and Sweet Pea let out a sigh as they entered their trailer. They were both soaking wet and Queenie seemed to be shivering. The two teenagers stripped of their jackets before taking off their shoes.

  "It was pretty badass what you did out there," Sweet Pea commented, causing Queenie to look up at, "You came in like it was nothing and beat the crap out of Archie."

  "Well, I couldn't let you guys have all the fun without me," Queenie replied jokingly, "Plus, it was the best time to swoop in without having to worry about getting hurt."

  "Yeah," Sweet Pea chuckled before he took off his shirt, "I'm going to go take a shower, be out in a few." He told her and Queenie nodded her head.

_____

That night, Queenie laid with Sweet Pea in bed, his arms wrapped around her as they both began to fall asleep.

Queenie opened one eye to see the hallway light was on. She sighed before she began to get up, only to have Sweet Pea pull her back, "Where are you going?" He asked quietly.

Queenie laughed at him as she got herself out of his grasp, "The hallway light in on, I can't fall asleep with it on." She told him.

Queenie walked over and switched the light back off before heading back to bed. Queenie laid back down beside Sweet Pea. She grabbed his hand and placed it around her. Sweet Pea laughed at this, "I swear, you're obsessed with my arms around you." He commented.

Queenie smiled at Sweet Pea's comment about her, "Can't argue with that," she replied, "You're like this big teddy bear. Plus, you're also really warm and I'm cold. Like right now."

When Sweet Pea heard her words, he instantly got up, causing Queenie to frown, "Where are you going?" She asked him.

"Turning up the heat," He told her as he went into the hallway and walked over to the thermostat. He turned the heat up to seventy when it was formerly at sixty before he made his way back to Queenie, "That should be a bit better."

Queenie smiled at him as Sweet Pea picked up an extra blanket that was on the floor of the bedroom before he got back into bed with Queenie.

He placed the blanket over Queenie before he wrapped his arms around Queenie. She rested her head on his chest and sighed, "Who knew Sweet Pea could be so damn sweet?" She commented and Sweet Pea playfully rolled his eyes at her.

"You're the one who gave me that nickname in the first place, remember?" He reminded her.

Queenie scoffed, "Yeah, back when I thought you were just some cocky little shit that would a pain in my ass for the rest of the time I spent as a Serpent. But look at us now."

"Yeah." Sweet Pea agreed with her.

The two teenagers spent half the night, talking to each other about the most random things. Soon enough, sleep overcame them and fell asleep in each other's arms.

AN: It's said how I now ship Sweet Pea and Queenie more than I ever shipped Queenie and Jason