Chapter 2

'Can we help you?' Torres asked. 'Yes, 'cause the case is related with the NSA. - Bishop said looking at her ex-husband - Isn't it, Jake?' 'Yes, it is' he answered. 'Wait, do you know each other?' 'Nick, this is Jake Malloy, NSA' McGee said. 'My ex-husband' Bishop added. 'Oh' Torres said. 'What do you want Jake?' McGee asked. 'The lieutenant worked for NSA, he was a source for its analysts' Bishop said, still looking at Jake. 'Exactly. - he said - The SECNAV knows it but we are talking about national security'. 'I've already heard this excuse.' Bishop said. 'Can you tell me what you know guys?' 'Before we have to talk with the Director' Ellie said. 'Ok. - he answered - Can you come with me?'. 'No, but I'll send Gibbs'. Jake went upstairs and Bishop sat at her desk. 'Ellie, are you alright?' Tim asked. 'I don't think this is the right question McGee' Torres said. 'I'm fine' she answered. 'Bishop' Gibbs said coming back from Abby's lab. 'He's with the Director waiting for you'. 'Ok' he said going upstairs. 'Ellie, what do you know about the lieutenant?' McGee asked. 'He was in contact with the NSA, most of all for the analysts dealt with the Middle East'. 'Did you work with him?' 'He emailed me a few times, but I never saw him; I never associate a face to the name' she said looking at the plasma. 'Maybe someone about he talked killed him' Torres said. 'We should ask to Jake what they have' Tim suggested. 'You're right. - Bishop approved - But they won't talk. I hate the NSA. Guys, I go to Abby's lab. Brief me when they're done'. McGee nodded.

'Bishop' Abby said seeing her entering the lab. 'Hi Abby'. 'Do you know it?' she asked. 'He's upstairs' she answered. 'Hey, we are your family. We are with you, Bishop' she said putting her hands on Ellie's shoulders. 'Thanks Abby'. 'I've got some news about the case' Abby said. 'Tell me'. 'Jimmy brought me what he found during the autopsy, and there are pieces of skin'. 'Is it enough for a DNA test?' 'Yes, I'm waiting for a beep'. 'Good'. *beep* 'I have a name' Abby said. 'Mohamed Fatimi' Bishop said reading the monitor. 'I brief the guys, thanks Abby'. 'You're welcome. - Abby said - Bishop' 'Yeah?' 'You're a badass and he's a jerk. Remember it'. Bishop smiled.

'McGee' Torres said after Bishop has gone to Abby. 'Yes?' McGee asked. 'What happened between Bishop and her ex-husband?'. McGee looked around and then he got close to Torres. 'He went on mission with the NSA and there was a bomb attack. Bishop thought he was dead, but then she discovered that he was alive and that he had left the hotel just a few minutes before the bomb'. 'Wait, was he involved with the attack?' 'Bishop thought it and she talked to him, she was trying to help him, but the truth was that he cheated her.' 'What? And how did she discovered it?' 'He told her'. 'Damn it, she didn't deserve it' Torres said. 'Yeah, she went to Oklahoma and Gibbs brought her back'. 'I understand why she treats him in this way. And how can you cheat Bishop? I mean, she's perfect'. Tim looked at him surprised; Nick noticed it and he lowered his head. 'Hey guys' Bishop said coming back from Abby's lab. 'Hey' Torres said not knowing what she heard. McGee saw him and he tried to help his friend. 'Ellie, are there news?' 'Yes, we have a name. Mohamed Fatimi. His skin was under the victim's nails'. 'Ok, I look in the database'. 'Are they still talking?' Bishop asked with the finger towards Leon's office. 'Yes they are' Torres answered. Bishop looked at the Director's office, wanting to know what was happening.