Chapter 22

'Wow' he stated. It was the only word he could find. 'So? Is-is it stupid?' 'No, no. It's wonderful. I really appreciate it, B.. Really'. Saying that, he turned towards her, smiling, and he caressed her, kindly touching her cheek. 'I'm glad you like it' 'I'll tell you more. Tomorrow, I'll bring a lot of my thin shirts' 'Uh, I like this idea' she said, leaning her head on his chest. He kissed her hair, surrounding her with his arms. 'Do you wanna eat?' 'Yes, but let me wear something more comfortable than these jeans'. 'Well, you will be sexy whatever thing you will wear' 'Nick!' 'It's the truth, someone has to say it to you' 'Thanks' she said, placing a kiss on his lips, getting closer to him, making their bodies touch each other.
They ate another wonderful dinner cooked by Nick, then they moved on the couch to watch some TV. 'So, what about this case?' he asked, when she was snuggled up on him. 'Her name was Sarah Hall, and she had two children'. 'And you don't have a lead' 'Yes, and since this morning McGee has been thinking of her children, and I'm doing it too. Poor kids...' 'Hey. You'll find a way. It's the first day' 'Sometimes this work is hard' 'Yes, but we help people. We'll get justice for those children, and for their mother'. He caressed her hair, while with the other hand he was playing with her fingers. 'Now let's talk about something else. - he suggested - You're agree?' 'Yes, for example, your thin shirts' 'Yes, they're a good argument. You know, I... I like to have a drawer here. It makes me feel closer to you' 'That's very sweet' she stated. 'Like you' 'Nick Torres, are you becoming romantic? Is there an heart under your ego?' 'Yes, yes of course'. 'Uhm, I'm not so sure' 'What?!' he asked, making his voice becoming acute. 'Well, I... I need an evidence. So, now, take your shirt off'. She raised up, so he could take it off, while a grin appeared on Ellie's face. She leaned on him. 'Better' she stated. 'Yes, I can feel your hair'. 'That sounds weird' 'Yeah, it sounded more romantic in my head' 'A lot of things are different in your head' 'Well, sorry if I'm not a nerd like you' 'It's not all about muscles'. He quickly glanced at her, then he moved his fingers through her hair. 'Hey, I love your brain. A lot'. 'And I love your muscles. A lot. Are-are you okay if I sleep here?' 'Yes, of course. I'll be your pillow. And I'll take you to bed later'. 'Thanks, Nick'. 'You're welcome'. Saying that, he surrounded her with his arm, while she was closing her eyes.